Pics of my HRM Funk Build

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

odourboy

Pics of my HRM Funk Build

Post by odourboy »

Some photos of my Funk build. It's an HRM with BM PI. Still tweaking a bit (I'll play if for an hour and be totally awed by it, then next time, I'll find it a bit brittle). But all and all, I am thrilled with the outcome of this build so far. Still have a bit of work to do (like finish the buffered effects loop). But it's quite functional now. Just got a cabinet put together tonight. Here's some exterior shots including a 'HAD approved' foot switch I built on the weekend:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Let's face it, the non HRMs are easier to play, there, I've said it." - Gil Ayan... AND HE"S IN GOOD COMPANY!

Black chassis' availble: http://cepedals.com/Dumble-Style-Chassis.html
odourboy

Re: Pics of my HRM Funk Build

Post by odourboy »

And here's some interior shots:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Let's face it, the non HRMs are easier to play, there, I've said it." - Gil Ayan... AND HE"S IN GOOD COMPANY!

odourboy

Post by odourboy »

... and one more:

tele_player

Post by tele_player »

That looks wonderful. I've got a couple of those on my todo list... after I finish another DLite kit that just arrived.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

stunning job!!!! congrats!!! :D
JimiB

Post by JimiB »

very nice!
mat

Post by mat »

Amazing ! Really good looking and clean build ! I really dig the foot switch 8)
mat
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

Nice job on weasleing an extra tube in there for the loop. Ground bus bar down the back side is pretty creative too. How are you powering the Pilot LED?
I see the 300 ohm resistor, are you using the standby to switch between choke and resistor with center position as standby?
Cool build 8)
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
dogears

Post by dogears »

Nice build!

So, is that a 100K trimmer for the pre-od network? I noticed a 120K feeding it. Should be a 100K in that case.

Try setting at 26K from ground....
kleinm

Post by kleinm »

Beautiful!
67:1
odourboy

Post by odourboy »

Thanks for the compliments guys! Actually, thanks for all the help - I never would have been able to achieve results like this without the help and support of this forum!
heisthl wrote:Nice job on weasleing an extra tube in there for the loop. Ground bus bar down the back side is pretty creative too. How are you powering the Pilot LED?
I see the 300 ohm resistor, are you using the standby to switch between choke and resistor with center position as standby?
Cool build 8)
LOL on the extra tube weasiling - it was your funk build photos that you may recall I butchered up in photoshop to see how I might fit it in. :)

The bus bar along the back allowed me to isolate the ground from the chassis. I went with sort of a star ground and used the ground switch for a lift.

I'm using the relay power board to power the LED (added benefit of keeping some load on the regulator even if all the relays are off). You may notice I flipped the board 180 degress and soldered the regulator right board and bolted it to the chassis. Cleaned up that whole corner very nicely

Yes on a 3-position standby to select between choke and resistor - as per Mark's BM schematic posted here in files.
dogears wrote:Nice build!

So, is that a 100K trimmer for the pre-od network? I noticed a 120K feeding it. Should be a 100K in that case.

Try setting at 26K from ground....
Yes - it's a 100k trimmer. Isn't the pre-OD network R supposed to total ~230K? (ignoring the 470/47p)

Aharon

Post by Aharon »

Nice job!!.
Listen,I see that everybody is going with a regulated relay power supply now,was the old way using a resistor causing trouble?.
I'm also using the Omron G5V-2-H1-DC5 relays and I was going to use a resistor(56R) like before......
Should I make another PS board for the relays and use a regulator?.
Does anybody have the layout for the new PCB?.
Thanks a lot guys....basically my D'Lite is stuck right there now.
Aharon
Aharon
glasman

Post by glasman »

Very very nice!!
Located in the St Croix River Valley- Afton, MN
About 5 miles south of I-94
aka K0GWA, K0 Glas Werks Amplification

www.glaswerks.com
tele_player

Post by tele_player »

Aharon wrote:Nice job!!.
Listen,I see that everybody is going with a regulated relay power supply now,was the old way using a resistor causing trouble?.
I'm also using the Omron G5V-2-H1-DC5 relays and I was going to use a resistor(56R) like before......
Should I make another PS board for the relays and use a regulator?.
Does anybody have the layout for the new PCB?.
Thanks a lot guys....basically my D'Lite is stuck right there now.
Aharon
A regulator just makes sense here, since it maintains a steady voltage under varying load current. Perfect for this application, and cheap and easy to implement.
ayan

Post by ayan »

odourboy wrote: Yes - it's a 100k trimmer. Isn't the pre-OD network R supposed to total ~230K? (ignoring the 470/47p)
You are correct (200K + 22K trimmer + 4.7K tail = 226.7K ~230K). Not sure why Scott would suggest otherwise.

Your build looks very nice indeed, congratulations.

Gil