OD Reverb #13 (1976)

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Runaway J

Re: OD Reverb #13 (1976)

Post by Runaway J »

glasman wrote:
Runaway J wrote:Interisting topic, thanks for starting this.
If the reverb circuit is implemented as shown on the old schematic (tapped after EQ and mixed before PI) a d'lator would run in parallel.
Would'nt this cause problems due to the inverted signal?
Btw: Carlos' second black ODR has 11 pots on the front pannel (see pic) and therefore some of the switches missing. I guess 3 of them are for reverb, so maybe he has separate
return pots for clean and OD (or a tone pot for reverb?).
More info out there?

It would a simple fix to flip the wires on the reverb transformer to correct the phase problems.

Also, that particular ODR in the picture of Carlos has separate Return levels for the reverb. One of OD and one for Clean (this I know as fact). It is also a Skyliner with HRM. Carlos just purchased it from its previous owner (it had been on load to Carlos for many years).
Thanks for the info.
With a built in dumblelator flipping the wires would work, but with an external unit? Maybe this is why Carlos has the d'lator inside.
FUCHSAUDIO

flipping phase on reverb ???

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Reverb tanks mess up phase so much that reversing input phase is (IMHO) virtually inaudible.

With all due respect Gary (you're still my friend.. :lol: ) if you've ever listened to "pan only" or measured (or looked at) what happens through a reverb pan you'd likely agree. Between the two (highly non linear) transducers, and the (highly variable) springs, ten pans in a row sound different. I bet phase is equally inconsistent.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
glasman

Post by glasman »

Andy I agree, absolute phase in a tank doesn't mean much. I have run FFT meausrements on virtually every tank I receive and the phase constantly changes over the usable frequency range of the tank.

I was simply answering a way to correct the overall circuit phase.

Gary
Located in the St Croix River Valley- Afton, MN
About 5 miles south of I-94
aka K0GWA, K0 Glas Werks Amplification

www.glaswerks.com
dr. who

Post by dr. who »

"Also, that particular ODR in the picture of Carlos has separate Return levels for the reverb. One of OD and one for Clean (this I know as fact)."

Hey Gary would you be kind enough to tell us how the returns are setup for both(values please)?
glasman

Post by glasman »

dr. who wrote:"Also, that particular ODR in the picture of Carlos has separate Return levels for the reverb. One of OD and one for Clean (this I know as fact)."

Hey Gary would you be kind enough to tell us how the returns are setup for both(values please)?
I have not been into a ODRS so I don't know how Alexander set it up. A single DPDT relay triggered off of the OD switch line is all that i needed to switch between different send and return pots. As close as I have been was to get to fondle Carlos' amps at a Santana show over the summer. He had both ODR's and an SSS (Eric Johnsons old amp). Man he plays LOUD....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Located in the St Croix River Valley- Afton, MN
About 5 miles south of I-94
aka K0GWA, K0 Glas Werks Amplification

www.glaswerks.com
dr. who

Post by dr. who »

thanks for the info Gary...you got lucky to play with that set of amps. I just wish Carlos would do what his old friend Jer asked him to do if Jer ever passed... take the lead for some of the shows with the Dead.
plysters

Post by plysters »

Pls email me! Plysters@gmail.com

Thx a lot
greekie

Post by greekie »

I'd like to see it too! spam@jakehop.com
ACDCG400

Post by ACDCG400 »

could you mail one to me too if ur not busy?

guitarking1@gmail.com
tictac

Post by tictac »

Uh...

What ever is it I'd like one too... kay? :P

davidaburns@centurytel.net
ACDCG400

Post by ACDCG400 »

Can you please email it to me as well? I appreciate it! Guitarking1@gmail.com
AtomCap

re:

Post by AtomCap »

Hey, Sent you over about 10 emails, can I have a copy?
David Root

#40 with #13 tonestack

Post by David Root »

This is a little off-topic, but I built a #40 a few years ago but put a #13 tonestack in it. This has a 1MA treble pot and a .05 mid cap. Otherwise #40 values. Some of the CF resistors are Riken and Takman, (at that time I didn't have any Pihers) but the metal films are all Electra/Mepco-Electra. The treble cap is ceramic not mica. I added an active loop and changed the PI entrance cap from .01 to .02.

People seem to like it, I sold it a couple of years ago and now have another client wanting a duplicate of it after playing my Tele thru it. He uses mainly humbuckers but also has a '74 Strat.

I'm familiar with the effect of the .05 instead of .01 mid cap. What about the treble pot being 1MA instead of 500KL? I'm also thinking of trying a 510pF polystyrene treble cap instead of mica in the new build, to smooth out the high end a bit.

Your comments welcomed.
David Root

#40 with #13 tonestack

Post by David Root »

Multiple Post!!
Last edited by David Root on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Root

#40 with #13 tonestack

Post by David Root »

Multiple Post!! Got this damn Debug Error again!!.
Last edited by David Root on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.