ODS List of components and tweaks, what do you think?

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

fabiomayo

ODS List of components and tweaks, what do you think?

Post by fabiomayo »

Hi, y'all.

Newbie here, no builds yet but planning on modding/adjusting my amp built locally. HUGE lurker around here :oops: . Anyway, thanks a lot for all info you shared, especially dogears. It's really nice and generous and a whole lotta of fun...

Spent the last week gathering all info and tips I've collected the last few months (mostly from Scott and Gary and The Amp Garage) so I could finally order the right parts (and the in between values for my own experiences, of course :D ). I've also read almost every post here and collected really nice tips and ideas.

Being from another country I'm extemely worried of ordering all parts I may need all at once. So I did this little simple datasheet. It still doesn't include power supply or bias, and is completed with examples only. Hybrid A Rev A and S3988009.2 circuits, plus a few notes (memory based, so don't take neither the info or the modified :P sources as a fact).

Obviously I gathered much more info than shown but I feel uneasy including them since they're not my ideas (and many were posted quite a while ago in a specific context or sent privately). So my suggestion is if people want to complete the table and the notes tab with suggested values or mods I'd happily organize it at the end and post. If not, at least it'll make for a hopefully useful parts listing table or personal database. Feel free to correct the technical terms (since I don't know any :oops: !) and add parts to it.

All the best

Fabio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pedro

Re: ODS List of components and tweaks, what do you think?

Post by pedro »

Fabio,
thats a "fab" piece of work... :D

I think anyone who can take the time to organise their thoughts and learnings in such a thorough fashion deserves to end up with a great amp.

I'm sure it will prove to be a good reference for many builders starting out,
maybe each builder can keep a copy and adapt to their own build values as a point of reference.

Well done mate,

let us kno whow you get on with build.

What guitar will you be using through your amp ?

cheers
Pete C ( pedro )
Chad

Post by Chad »

Wow, what a nice job Fabio!! I think I'll refer to that chart alot in the future.Again wonderfull job. Chad
fabiomayo

Post by fabiomayo »

Thanks, guys!

Really nice to know it'll be helpful. It started out as a way to organize suggestions and other finds into one database for easy reference. Like Hybrid A says to use this values in the cathode bypass resistors, dogears recommends that values, pedro says he gets better bass response with a third value and so on (examples only). Ultimately it was supposed to help me prevent a bad components order (i.e. missing values for tweak purposes, or maybe a damm treble cap that I forgot about).

In the future (hopefully near), when I source all parts I'll add links to it. And of course the power supply.

I'm not building one from scratch (yet :D ). I'm just modding my 2x12" ODS HRM built by a local tech.

I'm playing a tele style guitar built by a very good local luthier featuring a tele bridge and single pickup, a neck P-90 custom wound and a one-piece walnut neck (kinda odd, nice shape and tone). Also, a Epiphone Sheraton with SD Antiquities. It ain't extraordinary but gets the job done...