"Stuffed" boards?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

guittguy1

"Stuffed" boards?

Post by guittguy1 »

Anyone know Who sells stuffed Fender AB763 boards? Doesn't need to be the fiber type. Thanks!
Zippy

Re: "Stuffed" boards?

Post by Zippy »

Have you checked Doug Hoffman's site? I don't recall if he does this style board but if he does, there is a list of vendors that would sell the stuffed board.
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

Call Fat willie at 303 778 1156, I know for a fact that he sells them. Original layout on black fiberboard. WWW.Turretboards.com also sells stuffed boards.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
queman99

re: stuffed boards

Post by queman99 »

Krong

Post by Krong »

http://www.tubedepot.com/pb-ab763.html

I make these for Tube Depot.
This post is for entertainment purposes only.
Darkbluemurder

Post by Darkbluemurder »

www.metroamp.com

But they are geared towards Marshalls.
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

Bare in mind that the Hoffman layout does not use the optoisolator roach that is used in the original AB763. I think the Hoffman AB763 sounds better because of this. His trem is based on the brown vibroverb power tube trem. If I was building an AB763 based amp it would be a Hoffman board all the way.
Last edited by bnwitt on Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great things happen in a vacuum
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

Krong wrote:http://www.tubedepot.com/pb-ab763.html

Krong,
You do very nice work and the price on that site is excellent. Most Hoffman board builders charge much more for the AB763. I have built several of them and there is buttload of parts and a lot of labor. How the heck do you do that?
Great things happen in a vacuum
Krong

Post by Krong »

bnwitt wrote:
Krong wrote:http://www.tubedepot.com/pb-ab763.html

Krong,
You do very nice work and the price on that site is excellent. Most Hoffman board builders charge much more for the AB763. I have built several of them and there is buttload of parts and a lot of labor. How the heck do you do that?

Bnwitt,
Thanks for the compliment. I strive for a clean build and its awesome to get a good review! As for the pricing, I don't set the prices as this is not my site, I'm just the lowly Tech at TubeDepot, The unknown solderer!

I do know the various components are actually priced right off the webpage and we just total them up, add labor and bammo, AB763 priced to sell! For a fee I can build em with just about any comonents. The Key is inexpensive labor. I.E. me!!

I also have a modest amp and effects tech service here in Memphis called Delta Toneworks.

Thanks again for the compliment.
This post is for entertainment purposes only.