Omega Amps

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stratcat62

Omega Amps

Post by stratcat62 »

Anyone heard of them or maybe even played one? They're incredible according to all of the reviews I've read, but I'm still a little skeptical. Apparently they make a fantastic Dumble style amp as well as pretty much anything you want. Any info or commentary would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
pureoldsound

Re: Omega Amps

Post by pureoldsound »

stratcat62 wrote:Anyone heard of them or maybe even played one? They're incredible according to all of the reviews I've read, but I'm still a little skeptical. Apparently they make a fantastic Dumble style amp as well as pretty much anything you want. Any info or commentary would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I've talked with Jim numerous times a CLass A guy....His mods and custom builds are great.....The Fender Deville mod is popular I might get one.
fred_farkel

Omega amps

Post by fred_farkel »

FWIW... I had one of my 2 Fender HRDX's modified by Omega, and for me the change is super. The clean channel is bright and crisp, kind of blackface sounding. The first stage of overdrive, what I use the most, works for me like no other, clean with just a hint of drive but roll that volume up and stand back, it just sings! Since I prefer a smooth almost clean type overdrive, I've never used the second stage of overdrive except to check it out. Its so much better than stock, too bad Fender couldn't have figuered it out. My next move now is a D clone....Oh Yea!
Hope this helps a little. Warren
hitchcaster

ive got one for sale

Post by hitchcaster »

ive got an omega dumble clone combo for sale if anyones interested... robben ford mod on a blackface fender. email me if your interested chuckhitchcock@hotmail.com
groovtubin

Re: ive got one for sale

Post by groovtubin »

hitchcaster wrote:ive got an omega dumble clone combo for sale if anyones interested... robben ford mod on a blackface fender. email me if your interested chuckhitchcock@hotmail.com
Chuck pls e-mail me, i have something that will be of interest to you! Omegaamps@wilkes.net