How to bolt the chassi to the cab?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Tdale

How to bolt the chassi to the cab?

Post by Tdale »

I used some clips that wraps around the edge of the chassis "lip" and put screws through that.

How do you do it?

Tommy
dehughes

Re: How to bolt the chassi to the cab?

Post by dehughes »

Tdale wrote:I used some clips that wraps around the edge of the chassis "lip" and put screws through that.

How do you do it?

Tommy
I had the chassis made with strips that were welded in and then tapped out, so that I can just pass the bolt through the head cabinet and thread directly into the chassis.
Tempus edax rerum
Elcabong

Post by Elcabong »

Tdale wrote:I used some clips that wraps around the edge of the chassis "lip" and put screws through that.

How do you do it?

Tommy
I have been doing the same. I am using clips for 1/4 bolts and I drill the chassis hole a little bit larger. The clip hold in place pretty well but can move a little so it kind of self center when you thread the bolt in.

Cage nuts are a nice alternative but they require a square hole.
Tdale

Post by Tdale »

I got some cage nuts today. I was thinking about a different way to install them. In stead of making a square hole, to put it through, how about sawing two very narrow slots, to slide the cage nut into, and then just drill a round hole.. It would work, but I'm afraid it might weaken the chassis too much..

Tommy