P3 amplifiers?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rsalinger

Re: P3 amplifiers?

Post by rsalinger »

The 20w sounded nice. However, it's hard to go wrong with a tried, tested and re-refined platform... props to the kid playing in the demo, good chops! I thought that the 50w sounded a little sterile and stiff... perhaps, due to the limitations of the demonstrator?

These amps are aesthetically pleasing. Eye candy. And, will probably sell well.

Sonically, they seem to be standard issue. However, that is not necessarily a bad thing... as they sound like what we expect them to.

0.02€

Cheers,
Rob
Music is an expression of the inexpressable ~ Vernon Reid, Musician.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Ok! I got to the site finally. NICE LOOKING!

Yeah, nice stuff.. umm.. odd, but great looking. i don't know if the non-switchable 2 channel amps are actually genius or lazy or cheaper... but great looking rigs.
VacuumVoodoo

Post by VacuumVoodoo »

Yep, it's nice and cool design, I like it. Too bad there's one party spoiler there and it is repeated in each of their amps. These boxes will fail in safety tests. Vent slits are too wide both in the vertical walls and in the roofs. Some are big enough to stick in not only a small childs finger but even an adult hand. Obvious burn hazard.
UL is even more rabid about such details than CE. Easily remedied though. Been there done that.
Aleksander Niemand
------------------------
Life's a party but you get invited only once...
affiliation:TUBEWONDER AMPS
Zagray!-review
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Wow, that mission statement... The the self- quotation at the end. These people are nuts.