2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyclmbr

Re: 2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

Post by skyclmbr »

Great news!

I'm totally fine with the modded board, no worries. As far as a kit goes I'd be happy with chassis, boards, front panel, trannies and adding tubes and a head cab if possible. I'm happy with either the homemade PS board or the production one if you have to wait for the trannies to come in. I can Mouser the rest I believe but may need some direction for base part # on those cool tropical fish and black caps you used on the prototype...

Thanks for doing this, should be a fun project!

Bryan Sandoz
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

I think everyone is going to want at minimum boards, chassis, transformers, and front panel.

I have no problem with you making profit by bundeling the rest of the parts for our convenience, or if you can make a parts list I can source them myself.

John
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Here are a few pics of the amp with the new boards. I am waiting on knobs to come in. LOL I will add tubes to the list of the bare bones kits. I am waiting on my front panel company to call me back with a cost on the front panels. I will then pm you guys a list of prices for the bare bones kits and also individual parts so you can choose what you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

skyclmbr wrote:Great news!

I can Mouser the rest I believe but may need some direction for base part # on those cool tropical fish and black caps you used on the prototype...

Thanks for doing this, should be a fun project!

Bryan Sandoz
No Problem Bryan. The Fishies are just a .68 250v polyester cap. I'll spec one out for the parts list. The Filter caps are all 47uf 250v except for the first one that is a 100uf. I'll have Mouser part numbers on everything hopefully.
Marioverkill

Post by Marioverkill »

Sounds great Dana !
I'd like all the major parts(boards,chassis,front panel,xformers,tubes and sockets),I can mouser the components(especially with your recommended list).

Mario
UR12

Post by UR12 »

I did an inventory last night and I have two tranny sets in stock that I can ship imediately. I will offer them to Skyclmbr and Cantplay first and if they want to wait I'll move on down the list. I will be PM'ing everyone the cost of the Bare bones kits. (Looks like my cost will be $185 for the trannys, PCBoards, Tubes, chassis and front panel not including shipping) The front panels will be in the first part of next week and I should be able to start shipping out the first two kits with trannys or any other kits less the trannys by next Wednesday 10/17. More Trannys are due in about 10/29. This should be a fun project and I will see if I can get some clips recorded sometime this week. Since a great majority of the parts are also used on the Lil Devil it should'nt take me long to get the parts list finished
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Hi Dana,

I'd like to be added to the list as an alternate, in the event someone opts out.

Many thanks!
Lou
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
UR12

Post by UR12 »

JazzGuitarGimp wrote:Hi Dana,

I'd like to be added to the list as an alternate, in the event someone opts out.

Many thanks!
Lou
Hi Lou

I'l put you on the list as a alternate.

Here is a better pic of the blank PCB. I am still working on updating the BOM and this time it will reflect the part number designations on the board and not the schematic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Ok Guys, I got some time last nite to have a friend of mine stop by and record some clips. These were recorded with just the guitar plugged straight into the amp with the amp driving a 4x 12 cab loaded with Celestian Greenbacks. It was very impromptu with nothing added to the recording as far as effects or eq. What you hear is what you get. The recording was made with both channels of the amp mixed like you would have if you jumpered the inputs on an original jtm 45. If I get a chance I will try to get some better clips done in a studio enviroment instead of my basement with a zoom recorder. I tried to edit the clip to give you a taste of cleans, power chords, chunk and sustain/feedback. It's just a little over 3 minutes in length. Just keep in mind your listening to a 2 watt amp :wink:
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

hahaha Dana that's AWESOME!
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

Holy Shiiiiiiiit Dana, that sounds great! Congrats on a real tone machine. Love the Montrose.
alvarezh

Post by alvarezh »

Waaaao, SUPER!!!

I want, need and must have one, or better yet, TWO!

Congrats!

All the best.
Horacio

Play in tune and B#!
Structo

Post by Structo »

Sounds great! :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Marioverkill

Post by Marioverkill »

Can't wait !! :lol: :lol:

Mario
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

UR12 wrote:
JazzGuitarGimp wrote:Hi Dana,

Many thanks!
Lou
Hi Lou

I'l put you on the list as a alternate.
Thanks Dana.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture