Peavey's customer service

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

alvarezh

Peavey's customer service

Post by alvarezh »

Some of us humans seem to spread the word quickly when we are treated inappropriately. This time I see just to post a good review.

Needed a Combo 300 bass amp schematic from Peavey as I could not find one on the net. Emailed them at their posted (at their website) customer service address requesting to buy a copy, in a couple of hours I got a PDF from them for free.

Thank you kindly Roger at Peavey's customer service.

If anyone needs a copy just PM me and I will gladly take this chore away from them.

All the best.
Horacio

Play in tune and B#!
xtian

Re: Peavey's customer service

Post by xtian »

Weird coincidence, man. Just fixed someone's 300 yesterday. Dirty Gain pots were causing intermittent sound. I commend the build. Easy access to all components (though I had to remove 19 pot nuts to get at the pots...but this only took five minutes).
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
alvarezh

Post by alvarezh »

Ha, indeed!

Have not fired this one up yet. Seems like it has never been recapped, friend says it sounds lousy, could be a bad op-amp also. I gave him a loaner amp, will take my time.

Bad times, I am thinking of giving the guy the money for a reman starter for his car ( I suspect bad bearings, it's binding the starter's rotor), he has to hit the keys 3 or 4 times before it cranks!

If you want the schematic, let me know.

Cheers!
Horacio

Play in tune and B#!
statorvane

Post by statorvane »

That's good to hear. I have had trouble finding replacement parts locally from authorized Fender dealers. They each referred to the other saying "I can't get parts from Fender, but this guy can". Finally after numerous web searches I stumbled across this website: http://www.darrenriley.com/FenderAmpParts.htm

Found the parts (input jacks and a couple of 50K control pots), ordered them and got them on the third day (yesterday). They even threw in a couple of cool guitar picks.

After wrestling with the PCB, got the new parts soldered in (It's an FM212), and cranked it up. Sounded fine (for a SS amp).

Thanks Mr. Riley!
alvarezh

Post by alvarezh »

Yes, that guy is well stocked, but not cheap (not overly expensive either).

AES has some pots and jacks for the late model Fenders a little cheaper.

But in the end what matters is to get the part and get the customer happy, the faster the better....for both!

Cheers!
Horacio

Play in tune and B#!
da Geezer

Post by da Geezer »

I have had a similar experience with Peavey.
I have a couple of old hotfoot distortion pedals. The switches were noisy, so I called customer service to see where I could get a few.
The guy took my address and said "alright, we'll send them right out"
I tried to give him my credit card info, but he said "no charge"..... They showed up in the mail in a few days.

I guess that's why they've been so successful for so many years.

Geezer
NickC

Post by NickC »

All of my experiences with Peavey support have been excellent. They provided me with a gigantic schematic for a Triumph 120. They've always been gracious, and I hold them in high regard.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Peavey should be A role model for other companies service departments.
MGW

Post by MGW »

It doesn't stop at the service dept either. I showed up on Meridian with a buddy (used to live about an hour away) about half an hour after they had closed tours for the day. One of the folks there took us around and even let us hang out and noodle around on some of the new stuff. Great folks.
It's all about the tone!
Deric

Post by Deric »

Fender can be a pain...but,

I worked on a Princeton Chorus a couple of weeks ago. Needed a pot replaced. Couldn't find the correct one anywhere. Finally googled it. Turns out Fender now sells parts direct via their web-site. Pot was $2.99. I figured they would rape me for shipping and it would probably take for ever. Shipping was free and I had the pot in 3 days. :shock:

http://www.fender.com/amplifier-parts/a ... ntiometer/
Deric®
crbowman

Post by crbowman »

Nice to hear positive stories like this.
I never really thought very highly of Peavey until I started playing pedal steel. Man! Those guys vociferously swear by them, and I will say the best my steel has sounded was playing through an old Peavey keyboard amp.
Go figure.....
<i> "I've suffered for my music. Now it's your turn."</i>
Cliff Schecht

Post by Cliff Schecht »

I posted about this recently too. Peavey rocks in many ways. Their amps are bulletproof, usually are really easy to repair and yes their customer support kicks ass. The fact that their amps do sound good is just icing on the cake :P.
Cliff Schecht - Circuit P.I.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Did you mean some of their amps sound good? :P
BTF

Post by BTF »

I worked for many years at a warranty service center for several manufacturers, Peavey among them. This is just status quo for those guys. They were without doubt our best company to deal with when problems arose. Their people are knowledgeable and friendly, they actually WANT to fix the problem, and their techs are very helpful to field techs.

Dean is another good company. Their guys used to really get peeved when something went wrong, and seemed to want to get if fixed ASAP.

Glad you had luck!
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

I have no issues with peavey customer care. But I was a bit dissapointed they can't take debit card. All payment must be made with credit card due to a "hold" while the payment is processed. Not a big issue just an FYI. It does make it easier for peavey to give out freebies though.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge