Any Naylor Superdrive love?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampgeek

Re: Any Naylor Superdrive love?

Post by ampgeek »

Sweet sounding circuit! Ya'll should be proud if your builds are sounding like the Youtube clips. If so....well done!

I studied the Freestompbox.org schematic compendium but it seemed that all of the SD60 schemos started with the power supply and ended at the PI outputs. Hope that I didn't miss something.

Does anyone have a schematic that includes the power tube section that could be shared?

I also saw mention here of Heybor line cards for the iron. Are those available and can they be shared as well?

TIA,
Dave O.
Decko

Power Section

Post by Decko »

ampgeek wrote:Sweet sounding circuit! Ya'll should be proud if your builds are sounding like the Youtube clips. If so....well done!

I studied the Freestompbox.org schematic compendium but it seemed that all of the SD60 schemos started with the power supply and ended at the PI outputs. Hope that I didn't miss something.

Does anyone have a schematic that includes the power tube section that could be shared?

I also saw mention here of Heybor line cards for the iron. Are those available and can they be shared as well?

TIA,
Dave O.

I used this schemo to configure the power tubes. Then I closely examined the photos. The tubes are 5188's.

I did not try to source the iron from Heyboer. Might be worth giving Arlyn a call.

Decko
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fusionbear

Post by fusionbear »

Question:

What does the switch do after the treble pot between the 560K's?

(Between V2 and V3?)
Learning to learn...
fusionbear

Post by fusionbear »

Bueller?
Learning to learn...
rhinson

Post by rhinson »

fusionbear wrote:Question:

What does the switch do after the treble pot between the 560K's?

(Between V2 and V3?)
it just changes the effective value/taper of the treble pot--already lowered with 1 560k and then lowered once more by switching in the 2nd 560k. as you can tell, those guys bought 500k's in bulk and used them for the treb pot instead of buying 250k's. same with 560k resistors (used 'em in the p.i. and pre so use them on the pot instead of buying 470k's). same with the little 4pdt switch----they got a really good deal on surplus of those and found a use for them on the first amps--danny told me this himself. rh
memphis032

Post by memphis032 »

Does anyone have an idea of what the output sections for the SD18 and 30 are? I'm guessing cathode-biased EL84s, but PI type and other likely tweaks would be useful. I found the Guy Club38, which has a similar preamp arrangement, but is fixed-bias.