"DEEP" CLASS A

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

matt h

Re: "DEEP" CLASS A

Post by matt h »

(deleted)
Last edited by matt h on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gui_tarzan

Post by gui_tarzan »

cbass wrote:Cold too. Wait its the other way around
LOL! That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the first comment! Richard Pryor was a comedic genius!
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."
gui_tarzan

Post by gui_tarzan »

frankdrebin wrote:My air conditioner is class A+,so what...
I'm glad I didn't take a drink just before reading that, I would have spit it all over my keyboard!

:lol:
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."
stephenl

Post by stephenl »

Every Deep Class A amp should have a $200.00 IEC power cord to go with it.
http://www.essentialsound.com/musiccord-pro-power-cord/. Then you should replace all the Romex in your house with oxygen free copper.
Steve
Paul86

Post by Paul86 »

OK, OK, I got.
Thanks to everybody who posted here. I especially liked the link to extraterrestrial abudctions!
WRC34

Post by WRC34 »

Leo Gnardo, Blackie has been back in NYC for a couple of years now. His shop is an unassuming basement with no signs or anything on E 5 St. in the East Village. He's a nice guy and he does good work, but when I brought an amp to him to get repaired he took 2.5 months to fix it and the bill was much higher than I wanted to spend. He didn't contact me after diagnosing the issue, he just went ahead and fixed the amp (with a new output transformer). Most of the bill was the cost of his labor.

I paid with him my debit card. The next day when I tried to use the card to purchase subway fare it wouldn't work. I ran to a bodega to use an ATM to get cash - still didn't work. I was now running late for work. I got on the phone with my bank to try and figure out what the hell was happening. The bank explained to me that there had been a charge on my card at a California address the day before which smelled of scam/identity theft so they froze my account! Blackie was still using his LA address to do business! I thought, seriously dude? Your rates are high enough to afford a phone call to change your address. I had become the victim of the 'Deep Class A' treatment.

I made the vow that I would never allow anyone to fix my gear again, I'd do it myself. It was the last straw that pushed me into building and fixing my own amps, which I love, so THANKS Blackie! :)
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

matt h

Post by matt h »

(deleted)