Brad Paisley Amp

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Structo, mhuss, HeeBGB

M Fowler

Brad Paisley Amp

Post by M Fowler » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 pm

So I'm at a local store that sells my amps and this guy is saying he just bought Brad Paisley amp a prototype Zwreck/Rocket.

He pulls out his phone and shows me photos of the front and back as well as gut shot,it definitely is the amp Brad P. had in his rig years ago.

The chassis and board looked like an early Prescription Dr Z.

He said he called Dr Z and Mike Z answered and he tried to get some info on the amp like what are the preamp tubes needed. Well it uses 12AX7 types we figured out.
But Z got mad and hung up, apparently people have been calling about this amp wanting to verify it.

The amp is going up on Reverb.com pretty soon.

The second amp in this stack with hand painted flames and on back has a big number 8. He also bought a Trainwreck amp from Richie Hall he showed me photos of.

Mark
Brad Paisley Rig2.jpg
Brad Paisley rig.bmp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

M Fowler

Re: Brad Paisley Amp

Post by M Fowler » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Just found this interesting read. http://ztalk.proboards.com/thread/70713 ... isleys-amp

I was searching because I swore I saw that amp on Reverb.com not long ago and I was right.

JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Interesting that the guy who made the amp is being such a jerk.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture

M Fowler

Post by M Fowler » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Yeah apparently he was upset about all the calls and inquiries about this amp and didn't want to even answer a simple question about is this V1 EF86 or 12AX7 because the owner is not very knowledgeable about amp circuits.

Both another tech and I offered to look the amp over but no he just wants to unload it. Maybe it will go in my collection, trade him something interesting. :D

Mark