MTI Tubes

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HiGain

MTI Tubes

Post by HiGain »

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I wanted to share a schematic I drew of the MTI Tubes pedal. Honestly, I don't think it sounds particularly great, but it's an interesting idea to place an entire amplifier topology inside a stomp box. Hope you find it at least somewhat interesting.

Jake
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stevem

Re: MTI Tubes

Post by Stevem »

Well the good thing is a tube stomp box is that it does away with the impeadence mismatch that 98 % of them ( stomp boxes ) on the planet have!

That is to say that guitars without active pickups are a high impeadence low voltage output device, and so is the input to a amp, the output of a stomp box is a low impeadence high output device and as such screws with your guitars sound.

To me that schematic/ stomp box needs more then just the 47 uf filter on its first node since the output section is single ended.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
HiGain

Re: MTI Tubes

Post by HiGain »

I hadn’t considered the impedance issue- thank you. Would be interesting to try this concept with a classic tube, such as an el84 or 6v6.