Polytone mini brute info

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Stevem

Polytone mini brute info

Post by Stevem »

To hopefull save someone from what I just went through in regards to finding a replacement reverb pan for one of these when one comes in without the pan here's the skinny!
Model 1DB2C1C pan
The input is grounded, the output floats.
Input resistance = 32.6 ohms
Output = 207 ohms
Enjoy!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Teleguy61

Re: Polytone mini brute info

Post by Teleguy61 »

Cool info, those Mini-Brutes are pretty nice little amps.
I had a larger Polytone, 100W 2X12, and it sounded great with my Strat,
but the cab was light duty chipboard, and it couldn't stand up to in and out of the van.
Haversidne1981

Post by Haversidne1981 »

Teleguy61 wrote: Fri May 22, 2015 9:15 pm Cool info, those Mini-Brutes are pretty nice little amps.
I had a larger Polytone, 100W 2X12, and it sounded great with my Strat,
but the cab was light duty chipboard which I got here https://sheetmaterialswholesale.co.uk/s ... chipboard/, and it couldn't stand up to in and out of the van.
I recently ordered an Orange Rockerverb 100 MKII, which is a 100-Watt RMS head. I have an Orange PPC212C cab, which has two Celestion Vintage 30 speakers rated at 60-Watts each; making the cab 120-Watts (16 Ohms). I am wondering if it is safe to pair this head with this cab. I Googled the issue, but I could not find any useful information on the subject. I noticed in the Rockerverb manual it lists the PPC212 cab by name. I would like to make sure these two pair together as these cabs are far from cheap.
JMFahey

Post by JMFahey »

Suggest you post a new thread instead of sticking to the end of a solid state Polytone thread.
Design/Make/Service Musical stuff in Buenos Aires, Argentina, since 1969
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

Your Orange amp has a 16 ohm speaker jack and that’s what will match that cabinet.

That cabinets wattage rating is fine for the amp also as unless you are giging on a really big professional stage you will never use even 60 watts of the 100 that the amp has under its belt!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!