Faceplate for amp

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Masco

Re: Faceplate for amp

Post by Masco »

Xtian and others using IndCom Graphics for panels; is there a reason to use acrylic over aluminium? I know the Gravpoly acrylic is laser engraved impact resistant vs. aluminium printed at 400 deg.F with clear scratch resistant polyester coating. I just inquired and got a quote from them for both, and the price is the same. The printer they use for the aluminium panels can do any color except white. They can do a white background though. Also brushed aluminium for metallic look. Their pricing for lower quantities is good! Maybe you prefer the engraved look??
Thanks for the recommendation!
bal704

Post by bal704 »

I use Indcom because they're cheap lol! The Aluminum FP's I was buying cost me $50, the engraved kind cost me $10......
Masco

Post by Masco »

bal704, was the aluminium from IndCom or eleswhere? Asthetically, I lean more towards aluminium, it would be a no brainer for me if it costs the same.
bal704

Post by bal704 »

The aluminum was from Front Panel Express and one other place I can't remember ATM. Indcom has only provided me plastic.
xtian

Post by xtian »

bal704 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:01 pm The aluminum was from Front Panel Express and one other place I can't remember ATM. Indcom has only provided me plastic.
IndCom offers many other choices, including full color dye sublimation on metal. You should ask!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
bal704

Post by bal704 »

I may ask on the next one, but I make simple plates. If I ever do something fancy, I may go with that. Here's the latest one I got from Indcom....

Masco

Post by Masco »

Thanks for the feedback y'all! Samples on the way.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Very nice indeed.