Rotary Impedance Switch Source

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

SoulFetish

Re: Rotary Impedance Switch Source

Post by SoulFetish »

jbrewer13 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:07 pm Doesn't look quite as robust as the NKK switch but tubes and more just added this: https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/s ... position-0
I've used these quite a bit, and the NKK as well. I can say the Schurter's are really well made, and they are rated to handle twice the electrical load that the copal-electronics switch that tubesandmore.com is selling above. The Schurter and NKK electrically are rated pretty much the same, with one significant difference as far as I can tell.
The Schurter flush mount selector has a life expectancy listed at 300 cycles (with no load), while both the NKK and Copal-Electronics list around 5k cycles. Which seems like a significant disparity. I actually just emailed Schurter to ask them if they could shed some light as to why there is such a difference in life expectancy between these and other rotary switches rated for the same electrical load.
I could justify that this might not really be that much of a concern, as for the purposes then are designed for, they are almost never switched under load, and are not often switched between positions (in most practical applications). I'm looking forward to their response, though.
Gaz

Re: Rotary Impedance Switch Source

Post by Gaz »