Soldano SLO50 build

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

sluckey

Re: Soldano SLO50 build

Post by sluckey »

syscokid wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:11 pm Whether my assumptions and calculations are correct,
You are calculating dc voltage drops. But none of those dc voltages even get to the send jack or V4B. Those dc voltages are blocked by C12 coupling cap.
syscokid

Post by syscokid »

sluckey wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:32 pm
syscokid wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:11 pm Whether my assumptions and calculations are correct,
You are calculating dc voltage drops. But none of those dc voltages even get to the send jack or V4B. Those dc voltages are blocked by C12 coupling cap.
Thank you. Oblivious to the cap being there. Oblivious that this an AC signal pass. How does the DC voltage drop affect the signal after the cap?
Greg
Blindog

Post by Blindog »

This is amazing Gerhard, thanks so much for making the files available!

Mark
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Yes, this is very nice. Thank you for posting this.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
Lothy

Post by Lothy »

syscokid wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:11 pm Whether my assumptions and calculations are correct, or not, have you or anybody else, actually implemented this mod? I can't really tell if Lothy's response is a thorough implementation of your schematic mod... :?

Greg
Hi Greg,

I've implemented it and it works. It pulls the overall signal down a bit, when the loop is in use, but that can be leveled out by the master volume.

Cheers
Gerhard
Lothy

Post by Lothy »

dorrisant wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:27 pm Yes, this is very nice. Thank you for posting this.
Blindog wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:03 pm This is amazing Gerhard, thanks so much for making the files available!

Mark
my pleasure, glad you like it.
Cheers
Gerhard