Bass Amp for a friend

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Roe

Re: Bass Amp for a friend

Post by Roe »

Colossal wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:23 pm
Roe wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:05 pm thanks! looks pretty impressive
PS: any idea how much the HTS-7475 might cost?
Hi Roe,

I'm sorry, I can't remember what that transformer cost (maybe $250US?). You can email Phil or Arlen at Heyboer and they will give you a quote. It weighs about 12kg!
yes, these are big, being perfect for 150w SSSs too
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
roberto

Re: Bass Amp for a friend

Post by roberto »

Colossal wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:28 pmI'm quite happy with how it came out. I played guitar through the amp and two Thiele cabs and it's just massive. Probably too much! :lol: For bass though, yes, you are right. It sounds great. Very clear and articulate, but still warm and rich.
Based on the tests I've done, to me and my friends UL with guitar needs to be lower and then a bit of gnfb just for presence, because the amp needs to lower its Rout at higher frequencies and "feel" the impedance of the cone there, or it will be too tight and a bit dull. The other good aspect of playing with UL and loadlines without gnfb is that you can tailor the compression at higher volumes by playing with the shape of the curves and the loadlines. I was indeed expecting something in the range of 12kg, because I imagined something like the Hammond 1650W.