Tube amp books

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Cliff Schecht

Re: Tube amp books

Post by Cliff Schecht »

Here's another one I set aside for some reason. This one is full of theory and has a super cool chapter on high power tubes (i.e. 833 and such) and an interesting section on power supplies.

The Phillips book I think covers Phillips manufacturing process for their tubes. I say I think because the book is completely in German. Still some neat pictures of women building tubes. Funny enough when I went on a factory tour of Ludlum Measurements in Sweetwater, Texas all of the radiation detection tube insides were built by local ladies.

Sorry about the .rar files, it's the only way to get the pdf's small enough to upload :(.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cliff Schecht - Circuit P.I.
Cliff Schecht

Post by Cliff Schecht »

Last part of the Phillips book and a book on hifi loudspeaker enclosures. I wish I could post some of the useful modern books I have but these are all copyrighted still. Too bad, I love to share ;).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dreric

Post by dreric »

This is very generous of you, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Eric
Structo

Post by Structo »

martin manning wrote:Thanks Cliff, but my computer doesn't know what to do with a .rar file. Adobe reader doesn't work; says the file is corrupted.
Hi Martin,
You have to rename the second RAR file to what it says in that message that pops up.

To this:

practical_amplifier_diagramstubespart1_503.rar
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Thanks, Tom, I tried that... still no good. I'll have a go with a Macbook and see if I have any luck.
Cliff Schecht

Post by Cliff Schecht »

Martin I can email them to you too.

Or did you try redownloading them? Your first downloads might have corrupted for some reason.
kevster

Post by kevster »

Cliff Schecht wrote:Martin I can email them to you too.

Or did you try redownloading them? Your first downloads might have corrupted for some reason.
If you are using IE you may want to try Firefox. SOMETIMES, the association of the browser, the browser version, etc.; can be the problem.