Gravity Picks

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M Fowler

Re: Gravity Picks

Post by M Fowler »

I'm pounching my own and sanding them down placing them all over my jam room.

I have used Dunlop medium for years and my punched picks are the same so I am happy.

Mark
rdjones

Post by rdjones »

Colossal wrote:Totally cool to see all the Jazz III style users here! I used black Dunlop Jazz IIIs for years but switched to InTune XJs (also a Jazz III form). They are made of matte finished Delrin and the grip (for me) is greatly improved over the non-flat Dunlop Jazz III, slightly thinner too. Excellent tone.
I use the Dunlop "Standard" Tortex picks in either green or yellow, and file a tip on them like the Jazz pick has.
I like the thickness of the green (.88) but it sure is nice to be able to find a pick after you drop it and the yellow is great for that.

reddog
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

thread resurrection! :oops:

just wanted to say i got a few of these in the mail today and they are great!

even got a extra sample in a different thickness!!

thanks to Chris Fahey :D
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

I've been a long time Pickboy celluloid for a long time but got some V-Picks for the shop and been using one for awhile.
I just ordered the Gravity's for the store. I love that they all come in different thickness, size, and colors. Can't wait to check them out.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

I really only use the Jazz III. The Gravity sits in the basket with like 500 hundred other picks. The truth is, I like the sound and control of fingers the best. I use a pick less and less all the time. At this point, I feel like a pick is a crutch that I need because there are things I just can't seem to get done with my fingers. So I view the pick as this mostly unwanted implement that I keep in my hand while I play. Flipping back and forth between my knuckles and my index and thumb as I play. I barely even know I'm doing it anymore. As time passes, I am flipping more and more. I need to join PA, picks anonymous.
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

vibratoking wrote:I really only use the Jazz III. The Gravity sits in the basket with like 500 hundred other picks. The truth is, I like the sound and control of fingers the best. I use a pick less and less all the time. At this point, I feel like a pick is a crutch that I need because there are things I just can't seem to get done with my fingers. So I view the pick as this mostly unwanted implement that I keep in my hand while I play. Flipping back and forth between my knuckles and my index and thumb as I play. I barely even know I'm doing it anymore. As time passes, I am flipping more and more. I need to join PA, picks anonymous.
I'm in the same boat. The only thing that I absolutely need a pick for is fast, single-note runs. All the rest of what I do doesn't require the pick.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture