US made pots found at surplus store $1 and $3 each

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Greg

US made pots found at surplus store $1 and $3 each

Post by Greg »

Hello all.

I was spending some quality time at the local electronics surplus store and purchase about 30 pots "Made in USA". 250K, 500K, 1Meg...the brands are REON from Yonkers, AB, CTS, OHMITE US and Canadian, clarostat...all were used and a buck each. They have thousands of these. They also had the same brands but NOS at 3 bucks each. They all have serial numbers but I cannot seem to figure out where to find data sheets or specs for these...any ideas what I have? Where I can find specific data?
Greg
ckpop

Re: US made pots found at surplus store $1 and $3 each

Post by ckpop »

This should help

http://home.provide.net/~cfh/pots.html

I would like to get my hands on some NOS Pots if possible. I'm always looking also.
KellyBass

Post by KellyBass »

That's a great article/website! Thanks for passing this along.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Thanks that is an excellent resource. I have a few older pots and some that I still need to research...I think I will just use em! Hell that's why I got them.
Greg
Greg

give back to TAG...

Post by Greg »

I have not contributed to this community but I sure have learned a lot and have the Donna Rocket to play with...yeah!!!

I often go to a local electronics surplus shop that has mountains-o-stuff. I would like to contribute something here so if anyone is looking for something specific I would be happy to at least search my local shop for you. I am not looking to profit only give something back...you buy I fly!

Just ask!

Thanks guys and gal.
Greg