2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

LeeMo

Re: 2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

Post by LeeMo »

I'm still here. I tend to scurry about in the shadows where it's safer.
:wink:

LeeMo
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
dayn

Post by dayn »

Lil Devil (wreck) - Built
Lil Plexi - prototyped
Lil Vox - next
Lil Dumble - requested!

All 4 in one headbox with a load and 4 channel (preamp) switching with a 50 watt monoblock amp - PRICELESS!
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

I with ya! Also, add a Deluxe Reverb , a Deluxe Tweed, and an 18watt. 8)

LeeMo
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
dayn

Post by dayn »

I was thinking about the Vox....

Put (2) of them in a 2x12 combo cabinet with a couple of Celestion Blues. Use a stereo delay pedal and you are in Brian May/The Edge heaven!
MCK

Post by MCK »

dayn wrote:I was thinking about the Vox....

Put (2) of them in a 2x12 combo cabinet with a couple of Celestion Blues. Use a stereo delay pedal and you are in Brian May/The Edge heaven!
this is exactly why I have 2 Lil Devils. I connect them to a Marshall 1936V 2x12 cab with each one driving one of the speakers and run them through a Voodoo Lab Amp selector and also experiment with the stereo delay. Amazing fun.
Bluze

Post by Bluze »

Any updates? I emailed Hall Amplification, but no reply.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Bluze wrote:Any updates? I emailed Hall Amplification, but no reply.
hmmmm.....I did relpy because I remember answering the email but I don't know why you didn't get my response. Anyway. I will reply here so everyone will have the same info. I have the boards redesigned and the new chassis redesigned so I can add the extra Vol Control for Ch II. I still haven't had time to prototype the new design yet. The prototype chassis has to be cut out and drilled by hand so it takes a little time to get everthing where I want it. If I get some time this weekend I will try and get the final version mocked up and tested. After that Chassis drawings in Autocad have to be finished, chassis manufactured and boards will have to be sent off to be made. I would guess it would be Feb before all that can take place and they will be ready to go. I will probably put together some kits of the first ones and let some of the guys on the forum build a few. After that no more kits will be sold and I will have them added to our current production. Just lots of stuff going on right now with the Christmas sales and other builds that is eating up all my time.

I will try and keep this thread updated with any new info.
MCK

Post by MCK »

Great update! Please put my name down for one of the kits. Happy holidays
gearhead

Luv My Lil Rebel

Post by gearhead »

Dana, bringing back up to top.

Need any help? hehehe.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

You know I haven't had time to get back on this for months. I have re-engineered the chassis to accept the new board and I need to get one of these mocked up. I have a bunch of Trannys on order and they should be here hopefully sometime next week. With Winter coming on I am going to be getting back to the new design stuff.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

Yahoo!
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

I'm interested in one of these, without a cabinet, just bare finished amp. Put me on the waiting list please.

John
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Dana,

Could you post a schematic?

Tony
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
gary sanders

Post by gary sanders »

UR12 wrote:
frequencycentral wrote:Dana - what tubes are you using for this amp? 5902 and 6112?

Rick

Yes, 5902 and 6112

MCK wrote: Marshall head cab style is what I have in mind too. Please let us know how it goes with the EVM12L once you get it. All the best
I am still waiting on the speaker cab to come in but I'll keep ya posted.

Here is a couple of pics. I will be drilling the rest of the holes in the PCB today and maybe get some of the board populated tonight.

Man thats tiny! I love seeing how much junk I can cram in a little box too! (rimshot!)
UR12

Post by UR12 »

The Trannys are in so I can continue. Unfortunatly I can't post a schematic at this time. It is basically, exactly the same as the Marshall 1987 except it will only have 1 input and a switch to switch between chA, chB or Both (Like Jumpering both channels) I am looking at setting it up with a footswitch to do the same thing as the switch on the front panel. It will be a mosfet switch that grounds the input to either channels tube grid so no signal is actually going thru a solid state device. The only other difference is that the pin outs for the subminiature tubes are different that those of a 12AX7 and EL34 and of course the voltages used are lower to supply the subminiature tubes what they need. The caps change from 400/450 and 500v ratings down to 250v. Once I get the final prototype finished I would be happy to post the schematic but it's just not a finished amp yet and there could still be a few changes here and there like some of the mods Richie mentioned.