2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rmroza

Re: 2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

Post by rmroza »

Is there any clips of the amp and just the amp straight in, no pedals, fx, or encompanyiment?
UR12

Post by UR12 »

rmroza wrote:Is there any clips of the amp and just the amp straight in, no pedals, fx, or encompanyiment?
Not yet. We only have the prototype built at the moment and I wanted to wait until the first production amp rolled out to make clips. I'll try and see if I can get something made soon. Face plates are on order and should be in this week sometime. I went with the gold front panel to stay with the concensus.
dju

Post by dju »

hi Dana,
I am interested in yout micro plexi. Please add me to your list.

thanks,
dj
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

I'd like a production plexi when available. Too much on my plate to do a good test build.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

gearhead wrote:I'd like a production plexi when available. Too much on my plate to do a good test build.
I just got the new gold front panels in today. I have been holding off sending the boards out to try and add a channel switching option to the board. I am also toying with the idea of adding an effects loop to so I want to make sure both options are viable and worth adding them to the board design. I have had a lot of requests to try and add the loop and would perfer to have it on the main board instead of out boarding it. I'll post a pic as soon as I get time of the new gold panels with the Marshall knobs. It looks pretty cool. I just need to get a black head cab covered. Its a long weekend so I am trying to get as much done as possible. I just have too many builds to get out at the moment to spend a lot of time on the Microplex. If you are on facebook, send me a request at Hall Amplification and I can add you to the group. I usually update everything going on in the shop there and you can keep up with the progress.
chief mushroom cloud

Post by chief mushroom cloud »

Dana, I'm so glad you're doing this....I think simple pcb amps are just so kewl...
Don't overthink it. Just drink it.
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

Hey Dana,

Count me in for a beta kit. Very cool stuff brother!!!
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
passfan

Post by passfan »

If there's still room Dana I'll go for one as well. (fingers crossed)
"It Happens"
Forrest Gump
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Added DJU, Dartanion and Passfan to the list on page 5. 3 more left.

Thanks CMC. It's just a fun project and the Subminiature tubes makes the PCB a no brainer. It's what they were designed for.
yowza

Post by yowza »

I'm very interested in jumping in on this but didn't recall a ballpark price.
Any idea what that will be?

Thanks!
UR12

Post by UR12 »

I got a little time today to finish up the cab design for the Microplex. Most of the people who offered an opinion thought I should stick with a more Marshall style look and this is what I came up with. The only thing left to do is to get the PCBs finished and sent off. I have hesitated to get them sent out because I wanted to add channel switching and an effects loop to the board. This meant moving a lot of stuff around and has taken a little time. I think I now have it and will etch a new board. Once it is tested I will get the boards ordered. If everything goes as planned we could have boards in stock in a couple of weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MCK

Post by MCK »

Gorgeous!!! I love the finish and cosmetics. Can the kit builders also opt to buy the cab from you? It you're cool with that I think I'll go that way. Thanks much!
blinddog

Post by blinddog »

Hi Dana,

If there is still room please add me to the list. Thanks
yowza

Post by yowza »

Please add me to the list if there's room. That cabinet looks great!

Thanks!
Orleanska

Post by Orleanska »

yowza wrote:Please add me to the list if there's room. That cabinet looks great!

Thanks!
I would like to jump in please :) don't want to miss this..

thanks

regards
Denis