2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

UR12

Re: 2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

Post by UR12 »

I finally got the first run production chassis manufactured today for the Microplex. Just need to get the PCBs and face plates in and we will be on our way. I have 10 that I will be offering as a kit. I will need to wait on the PCBs and face plates to come in before I have a complete price on the kit. We are one step closer though to getting this thing off the ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

Woo!
MCK

Post by MCK »

Great news!!! Please put me on the first 10 kit batch. Thanks much!!!

PS. Suggest considering Marshall knobs. Possible?
UR12

Post by UR12 »

MCK wrote:Great news!!! Please put me on the first 10 kit batch. Thanks much!!!

PS. Suggest considering Marshall knobs. Possible?
I think the general concensus is that it needs a gold plexi panel and Marshall style knobs. Some have voted to keep it black with white knobs because it is easier to see on a dark stage but the Micro amps aren't what I would refer to as a gigging amp. Not to say they haven't been used at a live gig but it's not something everyone can pull off.
MCK

Post by MCK »

UR12 wrote:I think the general concensus is that it needs a gold plexi panel and Marshall style knobs.
I would vote this way too... I am already planning the mini Marshall style cab for it. You know the 1W Marshalls coming down the pike right? Your mini-plex will be the real deal! Lets do it. Can't wait!!!
UR12

Post by UR12 »

MCK wrote:
UR12 wrote:I think the general concensus is that it needs a gold plexi panel and Marshall style knobs.
I would vote this way too... I am already planning the mini Marshall style cab for it. You know the 1W Marshalls coming down the pike right? Your mini-plex will be the real deal! Lets do it. Can't wait!!!
I even went with a lighted rocker power switch to save a little space and be more of a Marshall style look :lol: I haven't heard the 1w Marshall but it is funny to look at all the 1 - 2 watt amps that have came out in the last couple of years. I've been building Lil Devils since 2008.
MCK

Post by MCK »

Nice move with the rocker switch... 1W Marshall thing was discussed a lot on TGP. I think they will be releasing a limited edition 1W version of their iconic amp sounds from each decade. Your 2W Lil Devil is the best low watt amp I've ever heard so I'm sure the Mini-Plex will be yet another hit. All the best
skyclmbr

Post by skyclmbr »

Hello!

First time posting here (or anywhere, for that matter). I emailed Dana about the Microplex and thought I'd introduce myself as this board seems to be where the folks who will be building the beta kits are located and where Dana posts updates. I'm hoping to be on the beta build kit list as well, this seems like a super cool amp for a bedroom player like myself!

Bryan
dayn

Post by dayn »

Dana,

As you know I loved the Lil Devil. Any comment on the difference between it and the Microplex in tone and feel?

Thanks,

Dayn
UR12

Post by UR12 »

dayn wrote:Dana,

As you know I loved the Lil Devil. Any comment on the difference between it and the Microplex in tone and feel?

Thanks,

Dayn
Well not to be a smart A## :P, but the the Lil Devil sounds and performs like and Express and the Microplex definately has the Marshall Vibe going for it. They are definately 2 different amps. The Microplex is using split cathodes on the first tube and each channel has a character all it's own just like the original. Some may say that the normal channel may even be too Bassy which is why I want to get a few out into the hands of a few builders to get their impression. Of course like any Marshall Style circuit it can be tailored to each ones taste.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

skyclmbr wrote:Hello!

First time posting here (or anywhere, for that matter). I emailed Dana about the Microplex and thought I'd introduce myself as this board seems to be where the folks who will be building the beta kits are located and where Dana posts updates. I'm hoping to be on the beta build kit list as well, this seems like a super cool amp for a bedroom player like myself!

Bryan
I have room for ten people so if you guys want to get on the list for the first ten kits please post here. They should start shipping sometime in April. I don't have a price yet but will post for everyone to see before you pay any money.

So far we have Bryan and Marioverkill that leaves 8 more
MCK

Post by MCK »

UR12 wrote: So far we have Bryan and Marioverkill that leaves 8 more
Hey Dana, I thought I put my name on the list couple posts above. Please keep one count for me. Thanks
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

I want in.

John
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

I'd like to be on the list.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Ok so that is

Skyclimber
Marioverkill
MCK
Cantplay
DJU
Dartanion
Passfan
Yowza
BlindDog
Orleanska

The First kits are now all spoken for.If anyone would like to be put on as an alternate then please let me know.
Last edited by UR12 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.