Welwyn screen resistors voltage rating?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

azatplayer

Welwyn screen resistors voltage rating?

Post by azatplayer »

Just looking at the welwyn w22 screen resistors. The data sheet states they are rated at 200V. The 10 watt version is rated at 500V. A little long to hang of a socket tho..

My 71' SL/A has very similar ones in it that have a 'W' in a circle, im guessing that welwyn has been around a while.

Over at Metro, they have these in their store as screen R's. These are the same type used in many wrecks, so does the 200V mean anything?

Im starting a plexi build in a tweed 2x12.. cant wait to have it running, i had it dummied up with cement R's but those green welwyns look very cool ;)
FYL

Re: Welwyn screen resistors voltage rating?

Post by FYL »

Just looking at the welwyn w22 screen resistors. The data sheet states they are rated at 200V.
Volatge rating is across the resistor. A typical screen R will only see 20 to 40 volts across it, so a 200V part is fine.
My 71' SL/A has very similar ones in it that have a 'W' in a circle, im guessing that welwyn has been around a while.
Now part of the TT electronics group, Welwyn Components have been around for more than 70 years...
azatplayer

Re: Welwyn screen resistors voltage rating?

Post by azatplayer »

Ahhh sooo. Cheers!
Bob S

Welwyn

Post by Bob S »

I started my working life at "The Welwyn" in 1972. I actually worked in "A" factory , where they made the vitreous enamel W series. Back then they were in a town called Bedlington - N.E. England. Their name came about because they first started up in Welwyn Garden City. They were always conservative in their resistor ratings (V & Pwr). Nice to see they are still around. :D
Why Aye Man