LTSpice - Help?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

exocet

LTSpice - Help?

Post by exocet »

I've been playing around with LTSpice for tonestack simulation - I know about Duncan Amps TSC but wanted to try LTSpice as it is more flexible.

Managed to get a working simulation but I am stuck trying to find out how to get two or more plots on the same screen so that I can see / measure impact of changes.

I can see where you can choose different signals to plot but they all appear to refer to the same current circuit at different nodes rather than being able to choose Plot 1 = Vout with 0.01 capacitor, plot 2 = Vout with 0.047 capacitor. Or when changing the values of a potential divider to mimic a potentiometer.

Can anyone help me out?
TheGimp

Re: LTSpice - Help?

Post by TheGimp »

I can't help but would like to know the answer.

It may be available in the YAHOO LTSPICE Group.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Assign the value for the part you want to vary as a variable name in curly brackets, as in e.g. {C1} Initialize the parameter: .param C1=0.02u Then use a Step directive: .step param C1 0.02u 0.1u 0.02u The resulting plot will have five lines, one each for 0.02. 0.04, 0.06. 0.08, 0.10. For pots it is best to locate a pot model that has an input value for the wiper position so you can step that single variable.
exocet

Post by exocet »

martin manning wrote:Assign the value for the part you want to vary as a variable name in curly brackets, as in e.g. {C1} Initialize the parameter: .param C1=0.02u Then use a Step directive: .step param C1 0.02u 0.1u 0.02u The resulting plot will have five lines, one each for 0.02. 0.04, 0.06. 0.08, 0.10. For pots it is best to locate a pot model that has an input value for the wiper position so you can step that single variable.
Thanks Martin, I'll give that a go,