Mojotone JTM45 Schematic in Emailable Form?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

steven21042

MojoJTM48....

Post by steven21042 »

I have to redo these horrific heater birds' nests. I bought this stuff online here...

http://www.tubedepot.com/tw-18-str.html

in black and red. I'm not sure if it's pre-tinned or not but it looks pretty. I have done my due diligence and watched countless heater wiring "tutes" online thanks to you guys & I feel more comfortable now. I'm concerned that if I attach the rather large 16UF cap to the board and then attach a grounding connection to the phenolic grounding strip won't that hinder me from underboard access (should my assembly skills be less than stellar) in the future?
Everything Happens the way it's Supposed to.
The New Steve H

Re: Mojotone JTM45 Schematic in Emailable Form?

Post by The New Steve H »

I am not too far from Steve, and while I am no amp expert, I do have a lot of tools and stuff lying around. If anyone comes up with a part that needs to be made to fix this cap thing, I probably have the technology to do it.
Relax. It's SUPPOSED to smoke a little.
steven21042

Mojotone JTM48...

Post by steven21042 »

...I was just perusing all of the layouts you guys were so kind to supply on page 1 of this thread and for the life of me I can't see a 16UF Cap in the approx. position Merc has suggested. I'm on the other side of old so I'll use this as an excuse for not eyeballing it.
ToneMerc

Re: MojoJTM48....

Post by ToneMerc »

steven21042 wrote:I have to redo these horrific heater birds' nests. I bought this stuff online here...

http://www.tubedepot.com/tw-18-str.html

in black and red. I'm not sure if it's pre-tinned or not but it looks pretty. I have done my due diligence and watched countless heater wiring "tutes" online thanks to you guys & I feel more comfortable now. I'm concerned that if I attach the rather large 16UF cap to the board and then attach a grounding connection to the phenolic grounding strip won't that hinder me from underboard access (should my assembly skills be less than stellar) in the future?
Steve, I wish you asked first, that 18AWG telfon is a PITA to work with on 9 pin sockets. I used it once and I will never use it again on heater wiring. I use the 20AWG teflon throughout the amp. FWIW, I get my all wire from Tube Depot as well.

Mike
Last edited by ToneMerc on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The New Steve H

Post by The New Steve H »

I didn't see that. It may be unpleasant trying to make 18 gauge work.
Relax. It's SUPPOSED to smoke a little.
diagrammatiks

Post by diagrammatiks »

just pre-twist the wire with a drill.

it's a breeze once you get used to it.
ToneMerc

Re: Mojotone JTM48...

Post by ToneMerc »

steven21042 wrote:...I was just perusing all of the layouts you guys were so kind to supply on page 1 of this thread and for the life of me I can't see a 16UF Cap in the approx. position Merc has suggested. I'm on the other side of old so I'll use this as an excuse for not eyeballing it.
Steven, it the largest component that's most in the middle of the board.

TM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

The New Steve H wrote:I didn't see that. It may be unpleasant trying to make 18 gauge work.
The main complaint with the 9 pin sockets is that solder lugs are a bit too narrow and are much more conducive to 20-22awg wire.
smokin' tone

Post by smokin' tone »

Mojo's kits are not exact replicas. They design them to their own specs. They sound good and the quality is nice but they are not always original spec. The JTM 45 kit is really more a JTM 50. IT has two cap cans mounted on the side of the chassis so you DO NOT need an extra filter on the board for the preamp. They used to have a disclaimer on the web page for their amps saying that they are for experienced builders and that they do not come with instructions. Now it's buried in the support section. That doesn't mean you won't be able to build it, it's just a bit harder since it's somewhat their layout and you don't know what it looks like. With a bit more experience you would just sorta know where things need to go. The only thing I could find were some pictures on the net of someones build. This should help a bit

[IMG:160:120]http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/karlwms/MoJo%20JTM45/th_JMT45065.jpg[/img]

[IMG:160:120]http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/karlwms/MoJo%20JTM45/th_JMT45067.jpg[/img]

[IMG:160:120]http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/karlwms/MoJo%20JTM45/th_JMT45075.jpg[/img]

[IMG:160:120]http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/karlwms/MoJo%20JTM45/th_JMT45076.jpg[/img]
steven21042

Mojotone..????

Post by steven21042 »

Dayummmm..how could I miss that Garbage Pail Cap??? Merc, please bear with me...I only bought the 18 Ga. because that's what is spec'd for this Mojotone mystery build. So, If Steve H finds it difficult to work with imagine this Numbskull on his first attempt...usually if it's mechanical I can Deal...Since almost everyone here has a slightly different approach to this build perhaps someone can actually design a working layout that will afford me the Luxury of the Chime, Wood Tone , Sustain & Harmonic perfection that I was expecting from a Vintage Marshall 45, 50, or other Plexi-Era Box in a slightly different configuration that will be mutually agreed upon by everyone....and also be UNDERSTANDABLE & do-able to this Layperson.
ToneMerc

Re: Mojotone..????

Post by ToneMerc »

steven21042 wrote:Dayummmm..how could I miss that Garbage Pail Cap??? Merc, please bear with me...I only bought the 18 Ga. because that's what is spec'd for this Mojotone mystery build. So, If Steve H finds it difficult to work with imagine this Numbskull on his first attempt...usually if it's mechanical I can Deal...Since almost everyone here has a slightly different approach to this build perhaps someone can actually design a working layout that will afford me the Luxury of the Chime, Wood Tone , Sustain & Harmonic perfection that I was expecting from a Vintage Marshall 45, 50, or other Plexi-Era Box in a slightly different configuration that will be mutually agreed upon by everyone....and also be UNDERSTANDABLE & do-able to this Layperson.
Steven, see a picture is worth a thousand words. Now see the post(Smokin Tone) above, it confirms how the Mojo kit is laid out. Thus, you should have two large cap cans that are mounted on your chassis.

Now, as far as what you are expecting from tone here goes. IMHO, what I perceive as that thick "woody" Marshall tone is not a JTM circuit, to me it's a 50 or 100W Plexi.

TM
steven21042

Post by steven21042 »

Merc....I'm ALL FOR IT....can we make sumthin' ?
steven21042

Mojotone JTM unknown

Post by steven21042 »

Yes, I noticed LONG AGO those 2 large Caps mounted on the Chassis side....
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

steven21042 wrote:Merc....I'm ALL FOR IT....can we make sumthin' ?
Ok, you asked for wood tone so here it is.

TM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

What is that drawn with? It almost looks real!