ampclones Who are these guys?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M Fowler

Re: ampclones Who are these guys?

Post by M Fowler »

John,

Thanks I have been a member at sloclone as long as TAG. But I was locked out for quite some time and recently back in.

I'm on sloclone looking at the MK11 info right now.

Mark
Joe L

Post by Joe L »

I have boards and chassis for the Mark IIc+ ordered but it has been a couple of months of waiting so far.

I built and used a Mark III in the 80s and loved the lead channel once I put an eq in the effects loop.

:arrow:http://webpages.charter.net/jlemoine/Wh ... 20Eyes.mp3

Using a Marshall cabinet loaded with 12h30s and the eq really made a huge difference. I built the amp in a Bassman chassis and used the original transformers with el34s for what I think was a cool sounding amp.

About ten years ago I gutted the amp and used it for a testbed and now I miss the old girl. I still have the old circuit board and will rob parts if and when I get the ampclones order.

But I'm still waiting...
bal704

Post by bal704 »

I ordered a set of boards from them a few months back. They informed me after I ordered that they didn't actually have the boards in stock, even though the web site said they did when I ordered. They said it would be a few weeks before they got more in.

I got cold feet, and cancelled my order via paypal at the end of the 45 day paypal window. I'm pretty sure it's the same set you ordered. I'd probably still be waiting.

Looks like nice stuff, and I'm tempted to order a set when I look at the site.
flood

Post by flood »

coolidge, those boards are beauties! thanks for sharing the link to the manufacturer, although i don't see myself making use of it for a long time. funnily enough i was designing hybrid turret/PC boards for my own amp designs, but then i decided to trade amp building for grad school. i'll probably get back to it at some point, but not for a while.

anyway, it's nice to see someone else who executed the aiken concept (mako amplification also come to mind).
In the interest of full disclosure, I am Animal Factory Amplification.
yalesmith

Post by yalesmith »

any additional reviews on these guys? I really love to build Mk II c+, I cant even find a turret layout for that amp.

Thanks