bias supply for d-lite question

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pinkmarkos

bias supply for d-lite question

Post by pinkmarkos »

hello everyone- I am starting an "ogre dog special" build with a kit courtesy of RJ. The edcor PT I am using has no bias tap and I am wondering how to develop the appropriate bias voltage supply without it. Should I use a 220K right off the AC a la TW/Marshall? With the 220k, 10k bias pot, and 10k fixed resistor to ground, will I get enough negative voltage? I plan on using 2 5881's in this build, and if I get somewhere around 475V on the plates, I'll need around -35ma of bias to get approx 17W each tube. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Secondly, I am trying to implement a progressive off, standby, on power switch (DPST 3 way toggle) in this build and I can't find any info on how to wire this correctly. In another post someone mentions that one side is mains and the other STBY, but I am still confused about the correct way to implement this. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
R.Y.N.O.
ToneMerc

Bias taps

Post by ToneMerc »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pinkmarkos

Re: bias supply for d-lite question

Post by pinkmarkos »

tone merc- you are the man! thank you- exactly what I need on both counts. I thought I looked everywhere for that wiring diagram for the switch, everywhere except where it was I guess. Thanks again
R.Y.N.O.
ToneMerc

Re: bias supply for d-lite question

Post by ToneMerc »

pinkmarkos wrote:tone merc- you are the man! thank you- exactly what I need on both counts. I thought I looked everywhere for that wiring diagram for the switch, everywhere except where it was I guess. Thanks again
YW