Conjunctive filter

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

R.G.

Re: Conjunctive filter

Post by R.G. »

I reasoned that controlling ringing under abuse/overdrive was where controlling the voltage on the plates was most useful. I stuck in some high voltage transient suppressor/MOV devices. Worked as well as any conjunctive filter I tried. But of course, I may not have encountered a "hard case".
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I don't like many amps, and many of those amps I do not like are those with conjunctive filtering.

It can work, but it isn't magic in and of itself.The ones I tried were big sand resistors and 1600V caps.

Record hand noise on the strings. Look at the ugly peak of fingerprints on course wound strings. Make a low-pass filter with that frequency starting lowest just above the knee. Look for a decent place for it after a master on the way to the PI. Even better, use two smaller circuits with one on the last driven stage and the other at the PI.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
SoulFetish

Post by SoulFetish »

In RDH4, Smith provides some examples. You might find that helpful in combination with some of the concepts teemuk was explaining.
Here is a screenshot of page 588.
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 09-46-24 Radiotron Designer's Handbook 4th Edition - rdh4.pdf.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tobyk

Post by Tobyk »

SoulFetish wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:53 pm In RDH4, Smith provides some examples. You might find that helpful in combination with some of the concepts teemuk was explaining.
Here is a screenshot of page 588.
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 09-46-24 Radiotron Designer's Handbook 4th Edition - rdh4.pdf.png
Thanks!