Implementing Belton Digilog reverb

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Milkmansound

Implementing Belton Digilog reverb

Post by Milkmansound »

I am thinking about experimenting with this product:

http://bit.ly/1dgflVU

I am thinking DC coupled cathode follower off the output of the preamp tube, into a voltage divider should be ok for the input

regular tube gain for recovery

I am working on a solid state amp design with a tube front end and I think a reverb tank with 400W in a combo will be a feedback disaster

thoughts?
tictac

Re: Implementing Belton Digilog reverb

Post by tictac »

There is a schematic of a tube interface for the Belton reverb floating around; I think it's accessable from the Belton website....

Your description sound exactly like the schematic I saw; it's in pdf form I believe...

TT
Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

if anyone knows how to find that let me know - looked on their site and there's only the op amp circuit drawing

with the posted specs its easy enough to sort out - I am curious to know how the thing sounds
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

hey! that sounds way better than I thought it would!

cool - time to order one up and have some fun :D
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

They do sound eerily close to a long spring tank. A friend built a pedal with one, and it sounds good.
tubesinside

Post by tubesinside »

Here's my version with an ECC82 as the driver and recovery. Works very well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No gain...no pain!
Ken Moon

Post by Ken Moon »

Check out this site, under "Tube Amp Integration" - there is a zip file with some info on using this unit in a tube amp.

http://www.neunabertechnology.com/support/BTDR
Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

thats great info thanks!

I emailed to see if those boards are still being made, or if he still has the pcb files
rock_mumbles

Post by rock_mumbles »

Belton has updated the reverb module ... the new version is smaller and is hooked up differently ...

The old version is still available though
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

rock_mumbles wrote:Belton has updated the reverb module ... the new version is smaller and is hooked up differently ...

The old version is still available though
Rock (or anyone else, for that matter) do you know if the two different-sized modules sound indentical? If they don't, does one have better sounding reverb than the other? (I seem to recall the large does more than reverb?)

Thanks,
Lou
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
RB

Post by RB »

Hello Milkman

Edit Note:
I didn’t see Ken Moon's post. That is the same info as below. Always late to the party.

I played around with these modules when they first appeared. They are just Ok IMO. I have attached the files that were made available on their web site that describe a tube driven interface and a carrier board for the reverb module.

I am in the process of building out the dual Sashimi reverb that Aaron used on his 102 build. It uses the new small modules. Haven’t heard them so i can't tell you how they sound. The large modules sound more like delay to me than reverb but that’s just my ears. A lot of people that have used them seem to be satisfied with the results but then a lot of people like Spam, me not so much.

Anyway I hope this info will help in some way.

Thanks for all you input on the forum and by the way your amps look really nice.

Regards
Randy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RJ Guitars

Post by RJ Guitars »

Hey guys, I am working with the guys over in the Trainwreck section to see if we can put together a simple package with a full set of schematics and boards for a drop in unit to put into the lower gain Wreck style builds... do you have any issue if we tack our work onto this thread?

I have one of the older units that I am going to use in my prototype although I expect the boards and schematics will be based on the latest production version.

Thanks,
rj
Good, Fast, or Cheap -- Pick two...

http://www.rjguitars.net
http://www.rjaudioresearch.com/
http://diyguitaramps.prophpbb.com/