KMD 100W XV100SD Schematic

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

smokin' tone

KMD 100W XV100SD Schematic

Post by smokin' tone »

Does anybody have a schematic for this amp. I had one dropped off here the other night and so far I only got around to pulling out the chassis. Complaints are second gain channel not working and weak reverb. Figured the schem might come in handy for troubleshooting the SS portion of the preamp.
Stevem

Re: KMD 100W XV100SD Schematic

Post by Stevem »

If the reverb section is SS and the amp uses a reverb pan than its very likely that the weak verb is due to the pan.
If the Amp is all tube in regards to both channels than it should be rather easy to just follow the signal thru until you loose it!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
smokin' tone

Post by smokin' tone »

Tube reverb and the second gain channel is hybrid. I've been working late all week, gonna try to get back into it later today. Thanks.
Blindog

Post by Blindog »

Here's the schematic. I have one of these amps, I'm in the process of converting it to a SSS type amp. Good luck on your repair. Let me know if you need any parts from my preamp board...I'll not be using it!

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
smokin' tone

Post by smokin' tone »

Wow, Thanks Mark. I was beginning to think this one was next to impossible to find. I'm going to jump back into it tomorrow, hopefully it won't be too tough. I appreciate the parts offer as well. I owe you one! Good call on your SSS conversion. There's some huge iron in these beast's.

-Steve
Blindog

Post by Blindog »

No problem Steve, glad I could help.

Mark
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

Take a look at the power supply's 16 volt power rails and confirm good levels for both the negative and positive voltage, these supply's at times fail one of the Zener diodes and or a bad filter , also that first tl072 IC chip may be shorted and loading down the supply!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
smokin' tone

Post by smokin' tone »

Good suggestions-thanks Steve. I did check them and they were okay. I got the gain channel working. I checked the signal flow with my scope, turns out that V2B had a bad solder connection on pin 1 and the 470k resistor was open. Glad it was that easy, I was almost certain it was going to be an issue in the SS section.