VVR3 - Hall Amplification -where can I buy a kitor PCB

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

UR12

Re: VVR3 - Hall Amplification -where can I buy a kitor PCB

Post by UR12 »

Hey guys. Here is the update on the VVR.

I have shut down my webpage for a couple reasons. First the company who hosted it kept raising prices on me each year. I'll probably move it to one that doesn't cost so much. Don't know when yet. You can get to me on Hall amplification group on Facebook. It is a closed group so you will need to ask to join.

The status of the VVR is in limbo at the moment. NTE also kept raising prices on the Mosfets to the point I could buy them in qty 1 from mouser cheaper than I could get them wholesale from NTE directly and I was buying 100 at a time. After a search I found another Mosfets but after the first bulk order the supplier also raised the price on those. It's getting ridiculous. I guess all these manufacturers are going to a marketing plan like gasoline or gold and changing prices from one order to another. Then Mouser quit carrying the PCB mount 1/2 watt pots. Discontinued them.
At the moment I have blank boards cathode bias available at $5 each (includes shipping). Probably have about 75 available at the moment if you want to source your own parts. I am out of fixed bias boards.

I haven't totally given up on supplying the VVRs but I need to go back and find some less greedy sources for the parts. I can have the pots manufactured but have to order a minimum of 1000. It's quite an outlay of cash on my part. I can also get Mosfets from overseas at better prices but I am researching the best way to go. I have made the VVRs available for the same price for 7 years now without raising my prices. It's just not economical for me to sell them anymore at that price point since everything else has almost doubled in price.

So there you have it from the horse's mouth LOL. It may take me a month or so to get it all figured out so bear with me and in the mean time if you want a blank board you can email me at jdhall0654@gmail.com.

Dana
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Thanks for posting, Dana!!
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
lumox0013

sweet

Post by lumox0013 »

you rock dana please keep us updated on the fixed bias version. cheers
Live , Love , Learn
xtian

Post by xtian »

Several of us are interested in a fixed bias VVR solution. Can you update us, Dana? And if a supply of PCBs is not forthcoming, will you consider sharing your schematic?
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
galtjunk

Post by galtjunk »

Bump

Any news on fixed bias boards or full units?