Question about specific VVR application

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

JoeTele

Question about specific VVR application

Post by JoeTele »

I'm working up a design for a multi-function tube tester/power-supply/cap leakage tester. At the core would be a tube-amp-like power supply and 2 Hall amp style VVRs. The inputs to the VVRs would actually be shrouded banana plugs that could connect to the different nodes in the power supply and the outputs would connect to the specific point in the device under test, either a tube pin or a capacitor measuring input tap. Knowing this, should the VVR build and execution be pretty straightforward? I know there are any number of issues that can arise when putting them in an amp, such as scratchy pots and oscillations but here the use will be a bit more focused, with zero scaling (as I understand the term) of any sort necessary. I know there are some variations of the VVR so I've attached the one I intend to use. Are there any important details regarding layout that need to be considered? I plan on using terminal strips and am aware of the importance of insulation/heat sinking of the NTE2973s. Is there a better version to follow?

Thanks as always!

Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.