Identify These Resistors?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rp

Identify These Resistors?

Post by rp »

Anyone know what the brand/model resistors these are, and if mf or cf? I must have had them 20-30 years, probably bought in packages on Canal St. when they had e-shops on Canal St., maybe IRC. Could be old Radio Shack too, or e-salvage in Montreal. The are physically like old A-Bs with nice long, sturdy leads and a proper body size that looks the business in a tube amp, not like something from a $10 clock radio. I’ve no idea if they have sonic magic, they are magnetic, I just like the looks and dimensions. Oh yeah, easy to read traditional bands too, not that annoying 4th band. Very likely extinct, but I’m curious to know what they are. Maybe I can find a big cheap pile on eBay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ToneMerc

Re: Identify These Resistors?

Post by ToneMerc »

Older Corning metal film from the 80's. It's rare to file a package actually labeled Corning, most were rebranded as RCA or Sylvania. I like them and have cleaned out the last tube era parts supply house in my area of all the good amp values of these types. I have used these in Dumble clone builds, they make fine plate resistors.

TM
Richie

Post by Richie »

NTE [rebrand] or Sprague,RCA,etc.. 2% "flameproof"they use to sell them in packs on display racks in old electronics stores....
could be others that are similar. good resistors. probably look them up on ebay.
rp

Post by rp »

Yes, it all comes back to me, must be NTE from Canal St., I was thinking IRC wrong three letters. I wish the world still had good e-stores :cry: Oh well, everyone gets everything from Amazon, most NYCers I know order from Fresh Direct and Seamless, at this point there will soon be no retail stores of any type :shock: Sell your Zappos stock, people will no longer need shoes if they don't have to ever leave the house :lol: