New build sound sample upload

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

MikeR670

New build sound sample upload

Post by MikeR670 »

What's the simplest way to upload or let people listen to an amp sound test? Mp3 file.... :?:
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: New build sound sample upload

Post by pompeiisneaks »

This board allows file uploads, you can upload them here so long as they're not too big, I've added an MP3 link above, so if you upload the file, you can then edit it and click the 'mp3' button above the edit reply thing (far end next to youtube, I'll show a screenshot)
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 3.28.02 PM.png
Then it adds some mp3 tags and you place the link to the MP3 file you've uploaded in it. (use the 'place inline' feature below to see it in the post, then you cna edit the post and adjust etc.). I may have to do a whole walkthrough of this at some point.

~Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tUber Nerd!
MikeR670

Post by MikeR670 »

Thanks, hopefully I did this right.

So I plugged the build into my home practice 2x12 cab, it's a fairly dark and dull cab (hence home use only), but the rig stopped smoking resistors anyway. Must have been that little car speaker, too much load or something.

It ran fine, noisy beast at this point but no surprises there, with my wiring :oops:

I put some cleaner rhythm on, looped through my zoom G3, and a little echo plus boost for the solo - I can't raise amp volume above 4 to drive it yet; too noisy, buzzy etc.

I'd never have got even this far without the help of you guys on this forum - it's been phenomenal!
Anyway, have a listen - I'm stoked that it plays :D
20170425_135346.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Doesn't seem right, like so

Btw the upload worked, just not the mp3 link part. Is that Radiohead? 'We are standing on the edge'
tUber Nerd!
MikeR670

Post by MikeR670 »

Oh right, thanks for loading it on there!

Yes, Radiohead "lucky".

I used the Rob robinette TMB tone stack sketch, but I've got some wrong stuff going on - the volume works backwards and the tone knobs do weird things, including changing buzzing, causing hiss etc. Have to work on that.....