Faceplates

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

steve-o

Faceplates

Post by steve-o »

Hey all, I'm building a new 18-watt circuit inside of my old Blues Jr. I'm not running a reverb circuit in it. Instead, the reverb knob is going to be used for a "cut" feature (though I still don't know how to succinctly describe how that works). Two questions:
Where would you look to get a new faceplate with the same specs as the blues jr one, but with different labeling? (I'd also like to get a new plate with the name of the amp on it for the circuit cover)
How much would you expect to pay for such an item?
Keep on rockin' in the free world!
I find it difficult to say "that's good enough"
UR12

Re: Faceplates

Post by UR12 »

Get in touch with Jeanee at BnP Laser. She is great to work with. The lettering and frontpanel material and the number of holes all figures into the price.
Beerman

Post by Beerman »

Might also be worth checking in with S2amps. He has a sideline in modded Juniors, and sends them back with new faceplates. He might sell one for less than it will cost to get one made....

Post by Omar »

+1 for Jeanne at BnP Laser. Can't say enough about the quality and customer service.

Omar
Tone by misadventure
RJ Guitars

Post by RJ Guitars »

Steve-O...

Let us know what you found. I've been converting Pro Juniors over to two knobber Hammond AO-35 specs and making my own faceplates... I'd love to find a vendor who would make them up a dozen at a time.

rj
Good, Fast, or Cheap -- Pick two...

http://www.rjguitars.net
http://www.rjaudioresearch.com/
http://diyguitaramps.prophpbb.com/
tkdrew

Post by tkdrew »

talk to Joe at Amplates.com, very cool to deal with, great service.
FUCHSAUDIO

Panels

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

I use www.jfhayduk.com for the Fuchs mods (back in the day).

A local trophy shop can often do a nice job too. They stock black plated brass, that when engraved, has gold lettering on it, and is rugged. PLastic looks good too, black with white letters, like the old Hi-Watt's....

BNP lasers is excellent as well. Jeanne's a peach !
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
steve-o

update

Post by steve-o »

I'm emailing Joe (at amplates) a jpeg of my faceplate tomorrow, as the new one needs to match the holes I've drilled out in the existing faceplate. I'm not sure what comes after that, but I'll let you all know.
I find it difficult to say "that's good enough"
paulster

Re: update

Post by paulster »

steve-o wrote:I'm emailing Joe (at amplates) a jpeg of my faceplate tomorrow, as the new one needs to match the holes I've drilled out in the existing faceplate. I'm not sure what comes after that, but I'll let you all know.
If you have one then a vector file (from Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, etc.) will provide better results than a jpeg. Or, if you're limited to a jpeg, then you'll want as high a resolution as you can.