Perpetuum-Ebner 50's Record Player - What's inside?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

psaulaferraz

Perpetuum-Ebner 50's Record Player - What's inside?

Post by psaulaferraz »

Hello to everyone!
On my first post I'd like to show you what I've discovered inside my grandparents old record player. It's a German Perpetual-Ebner Musical 99 Stereo, which as my father tells me it's from the early 50's. The electronics are working perfectly, but as the mechanical side stopped to work a long time ago, I decided to open it and I discover what was inside. First off, the tubes are one ECC83 (Siemens, I suppose each half is used as a pre) and a Mullard and a Siemens ECL82 (Triode and Pentode, I assume is for additional pre-stage and power amplification). While the ECC83 caught my attention as a part for tube amps, this other two tubes don't seem as useful for tube guitar amps.
In the other hands, the transformers seem quite interesting. As it is a stereo record player, it has two output transformers. As usual, only one power transformer. The only strange thing is that there isn't any information about the manufacturer, etc. Does anybody know what parts was Perpetual-Ebner using at that time? Also, I've been trying to find the schematic and I don't see it anywhere.
After building and modding some pedals, I'm starting to discover the world of tube amps. I wonder if some of this parts could be used for a build. I suppose the transformers could be used, as the ECC83, but I'd like to know more about them, as not even the power ratings are listed on the power transformer.
Thanks, now it's time for pictures:
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-06 at 00.24.47(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-06 at 00.24.47.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-06 at 00.24.46.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-06 at 00.24.45.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Malcolm Irving

Re: Perpetuum-Ebner 50's Record Player - What's inside?

Post by Malcolm Irving »

The WEM Westminster was a 10 watt guitar amp that used a pair of ECL82.
Here is a link to the schematic:
http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/britamps ... inmk9.html