$20 DSO oscilloscope

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

sluckey

Re: $20 DSO oscilloscope

Post by sluckey »

Cart works fine with Internet Explorer 11. The assembled unit is on the same page as the kit but here's the direct link...

https://www.banggood.com/Original-JYE-T ... rehouse=CN
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

sluckey wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:35 pm Cart works fine with Internet Explorer 11. The assembled unit is on the same page as the kit but ...
Indeed! It was not showing with Firefox :|

I ordered the unit and the probe, thanks!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

M Fowler wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:16 am My unit doesn't go through the setup to calibrate acts as no triggering just waiting.
Mark, did you ever get this resolved?
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Slucky,

No I messed around with that thing, It's in that adjustment pot, cleaned up any solder inspected well but intermittent at best.

Through it off to the side for now, but thank you.

Mark
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

sluckey wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:35 pm Cart works fine with Internet Explorer 11. The assembled unit is on the same page as the kit but here's the direct link...

https://www.banggood.com/Original-JYE-T ... rehouse=CN
I received it today. There was even a 1x-10x probe inside the (sealed) box.

Just one more question: how stable should the 9V power supply be? I have a rather poorly filtered 9V power supply and I am hesitating at using it for the scope.
xtian

Post by xtian »

ChopSauce wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:13 pmJust one more question: how stable should the 9V power supply be? I have a rather poorly filtered 9V power supply and I am hesitating at using it for the scope.
No idea. I have been using a 9v battery!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Get a 7809 regulator IC. Don't exceed 10V to the scope. I have a "9VDC" wallwart that puts out 14vdc unloaded. I put a 7809 on it. Two 9 volt batteries will probably last long enough for you to get tired of playing with it. :mrgreen:
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

You could use a OneSpot, like you use with pedals. Super clean 9.5v.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

How long did it take for your orders to arrive? I ordered several items over two weeks ago, still waiting.
Thanks,
Greg
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

Thanks! If the battery lasts long enough before I order a 7089, that would be nice. I have 5 and 12V regulators but no 9. "C'est la vie" :wink:

Note that the power supply jack should have its center positive, so a pedalboard power supply might not be a plug and play solution.

Maybe this is a reason for prefering the kit version: it's easier to mod it.
gktamps wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 am How long did it take for your orders to arrive? I ordered several items over two weeks ago, still waiting.
Thanks,
Greg
It took 2 weeks and 4 days to arrive. I could read banggood stores items in the US, so the US guys might not wait that long. I am still waiting for the (redundant) probe to arrive, though.

But where are you from? It seems that the storm damaged many shipping containers in Germany. I hope that our goods were not inside but some should be impacted, at one point.
fred.violleau

$20 DSO oscilloscope

Post by fred.violleau »

gktamps wrote:How long did it take for your orders to arrive? I ordered several items over two weeks ago, still waiting.
Thanks,
Greg
It took about 4 weeks for mine to arrive. I live in Montreal Canada.

Humble and Dumble,

Fred.
armillary

Post by armillary »

xtain, thanks for the suggestion on the $20 oscilloscope!

I spent the better part of Saturday assembling mine. It works, fits in the case, and the measurements ON/OFF feature is amazing.
radu5er

Post by radu5er »

gktamps wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 am How long did it take for your orders to arrive? I ordered several items over two weeks ago, still waiting.
Thanks,
Greg
Ordered Friday, arrived the following Thursday in country Victoria, Australia, so 6 days.

Very cool little gadget!
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

Thank you, all who responded to my shipping time question. Still no delivery, so I will get in touch with them.