Are There Any Authorized Marshall Techs Here?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

The Ballzz

Are There Any Authorized Marshall Techs Here?

Post by The Ballzz »

Hey Folks,
Hoping someone may be able to help me out here. I won't bother asking for a schematic for any of the new DSL series amps, as I know how closely guarded they are. I am however, hoping that an authorized Technician may be able to peruse one to determine how simple (or not) it may be to change the low power switch mode on the DSL40CR and/or DSL20CR to a lower wattage. If it's as simple as I think, I'll buy one and figure it out on my own, but I don't want to buy first and find out that it is too elaborate and invasive to bother with. I'm kind of assuming it would be simply a swap of a few resistors, maybe capacitors and possibly a MOSFET?

Again, I'm not asking for any guarded proprietary secrets, details or schematics, but simply an overview of how Marshall is providing multiple wattage settings on their new amp line. On the previous DSL series they used a Pentode/Triode switching system, along with all of it's pitfalls and bugaboos, but now they claim to be doing it through voltage control.

Thanks Folks,
Gene