Bogen Schematics

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

va3dxv

Bogen Schematics

Post by va3dxv »

Anyone know a good source for Bogen schematics? I found what I think is a Challenger CHA-30.

It's been painted unfortunately, but otherwise it looks original aside from whatever was added to the cover... can't find a Bogen schematic for this model though. Anyone know where to find one?

More pics here if anyone cares

Randy Magee

Re: Bogen Schematics

Post by Randy Magee »

Check here: http://el34world.com/charts/Schematics/ ... matics.htm

It looks similar to the E30 schematic...
Randy Magee
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

There's not much to those models with the 19 watt Coke bottle style output tubes!
If you want to mod it into something more guitar friendly then you do not need a schematic anyway.
What I will tell you is all of those wax caps are gonna need to go even if by chance they test ok right now!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
va3dxv

Post by va3dxv »

Thanks guys. Yeah there's not much to it... I can draw out a schematic... but before I mod it I just wanted to see how close it is now to original... doesn't look like much has been done. Usually I would just gut it and start fresh but I don't think I'll want to in this case. No doubt theres cap swaps in my future, but I'm going to put a new power cord on it and let it spend some time on the variac as it is and see what happens.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »