Clouds in the Sky - Wishful dreaming

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Rockwell666

Clouds in the Sky - Wishful dreaming

Post by Rockwell666 »

Hi Folks!, I am working on mocking up an idea and would appreciate some input. Since the weeee baby arrived I haven't had much chance to play guitar. rigging up stuff to play through headphones in my recording software is too cumbersome for me and leaves me frustrated. I hardly use any pedals, plug and play! So this got me thinking:
  • 2 channel all tube preamp with a boost Clean, Drive and Boosted drive
  • LTPI running into a 12au7 cathode biased for 1W output ALA Darkhorse.This way it would be very easy to dump the load for silent work. I also wanted to keep the P.I to have presence and resonance controls.
  • tube effects loop with controls on front and series/parallel switch
  • DI transformer output and Built in Cab Sim
  • built in tube HEADPHONE amp - seen a bunch of interesting 12v kits on fleabay
Essentially a very low watt practice/recording amp. I think using a cab sim with headphone amp might be a great combo. This is a lot of stuff to cram into a chassis but it would be the ultimate rig for silent playing and recording.
  • 6x12ax7 - 2x12au7 - DC heaters
  • 2 x 12V relays for channel switching - manual effects loop bypass switch
  • I wanna call it the "RedSky"
Am I biting off more then I can chew?.. probably but it seems possible. I have a blank 16 x 8 x 3 chassis I am going to start working out a layout on. I started the schematic will post when I have it complete.
any suggestions after reading through my mess? I just finished reading M Fowlers post on the Mojo Studio one.....very cool