Sick Lil' Devil

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

microzyma

Sick Lil' Devil

Post by microzyma »

I sent this message to Dana but I don't know how active he is here these days. I bought a Lil' Devil on Reverb recently that has some troubles. One is that the output jack is weighed down by the speaker cable, enough that it breaks contact. It only works if I drape the cable the seller sent me over the head for strain relief. That's I think the easy fix. Problem is there is a hell of a lot of rf noise-- very, very loud. It's a loud radio station and as you finish playing a note the radio station returns very loud as the note decay, like a gate or something. Also, it sounds not good, like it's not performing as it should. There is no sustain and it sounds very rough and wrong in a bad way, not like a Trainwreck. Any idea what could be wrong?
Stevem

Re: Sick Lil' Devil

Post by Stevem »

The fact that your asking these questions and not solving them means you need to take the amp to a tech for repair I would say!

The speaker jack is a easy fix it it's a switchcraft type jack , if not then it's likely it will need to be replaced, in regards to the radio interference that issue could a few things, but the ultimate fix is a add a .005 cap followed by a 47K resistor off of the hot of the input jack to ground.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I sent Dana a message on Facebook telling him about this post.

Mark
UR12

Post by UR12 »

The Little Devil should have a perforated metal back panel that the speaker jack mounts to. This will help relieve the stress on the jack and also provide a RF shield. As far as not sounding like it should, I would have to actually hear what it sounds like. If you want to send it to me I will repair it for you. Labor is free and you will only pay for parts and shipping costs both ways.