Looking for wire

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

aceofbones

Looking for wire

Post by aceofbones »

Hey everyone, I'm near the end of a trainwreck express build and I've run out of wire. I had bought all my parts from RJ and got in touch to buy more but I haven't heard back from him in about 8 weeks so I'm looking to see if anyone else has the correct stuff I can buy. My main problem is I only need a small amount and anywhere I find it for sale online it's only sold by 100' or 1000' spools. It's Belden 8529 20g 1000v solid core wire. I know I could use anything to finish but I'd like to keep it the same. I'm looking for yellow, white, and red, but if you had blue and black as well I would buy a few feet of each. Thanks in advance.
Colossal

Re: Looking for wire

Post by Colossal »

Check Ebay right now for Belden 8529. There is a partial spool of yellow, red, and one of light blue. Hope that helps.
aceofbones

Post by aceofbones »

Colossal wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:11 pm Check Ebay right now for Belden 8529. There is a partial spool of yellow, red, and one of light blue. Hope that helps.
You wouldn't happen to have a link? I've spent the last 15 minutes searching there and can't find anything. Not sure if I dont see some results because i'm in Canada or if it's just gone.

Also, big thanks to you Colossal. I've been following your Express 'Karen' for my wiring layout. Yours was an amazing looking build! I actually printed off your gut shot to scale, and laid it in my chassis to get my wiring close to yours. Cheers.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

PM sent
joeboo88

Post by joeboo88 »

Lol I also printed off that build picture a few years ago too, when I built my express.

Yes Dave’s work is inspiring
aceofbones

Post by aceofbones »

joeboo88 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:27 am Lol I also printed off that build picture a few years ago too, when I built my express.

Yes Dave’s work is inspiring
Haha, thats awesome! I bet there's quite a few people here that have. It's a great example of what to do.