New Amp - The Lancaster

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Littlewyan

New Amp - The Lancaster

Post by Littlewyan »

After building multiple amps all with the purpose of creating overdrive I thought it was about time I built myself a clean amp. And here it is! The Lancaster. Named after the bomber plane, simply because I named the last amp The Vulcan. 15W 6V6 two channel amp. One channel is based off of the Songwriter 30 preamp and the other is Fender based with some extra features and small tweaks.

I went over on the transformers, the Edcor OT is a 25W unit, the choke is for an AC30 and the PT handles the power so easily that the HT only sags by 7V flat out.

Tonally it sounds incredible, dead pleased with it. As you can imagine with those transformers the bottom end is huge. For once I feel no need to tweak anything, just need to enjoy playing it :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joeboo88

Re: New Amp - The Lancaster

Post by joeboo88 »

What a great build. a lot of thought went into your layout... Great name as well.
guitarmike2107

Post by guitarmike2107 »

Very nice work. Well done!
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

Very nice indeed! Very clean build.
I just went the same route - so many of my builds have great distortion, so I just reverted my 18 Watt reverb rocket to stock, clean configuration.
Break out the pedals!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Just had to deepen the jealousy with the no tweeks statement. :roll:

It looks great!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

Thanks all. I just need to fit it into the combo cab. I’ve got a Creamback M65 in there at the moment and want to swap it for an actual Greenback G12M. Never could get on with the Creamback speakers.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

What a great build! Very nice!