CUSTOMAUDIO OD100

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

sergio

CUSTOMAUDIO OD100

Post by sergio »

Hi all ,soon I'll have to work on a CUSTOMAUDIO OD100 head amplifier, I'm searcing some schematic; does anyone have information about it?
thanks to whoever can help me. :wink:

Sergio
www.sae-audio.it
Handmade tube amplifiers inspired to Dumble sound!
Littlewyan

Re: CUSTOMAUDIO OD100

Post by Littlewyan »

Which OD100? You have the OD100SE, OD100 Classic, Classic+ and OD100 Standard.
sergio

Post by sergio »

315599622_10221092269405852_3755776624104301803_n.jpg
this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.sae-audio.it
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

They all look like that am afraid. The model will be on the back.
sergio

Post by sergio »

ok, so i'll wait for it to be delivered at the end of the tour and look at the back.
Thanks
sergio
www.sae-audio.it
roberto

Post by roberto »

Ciao Sergio,

That one is the standard OD100.
I've had the SE and it was written in the front. I've played a Classic plus and it was written in the front.

There are variations on the circuit during the years, but the very basic rule is a classic Fender clean channel and a lead channel with two cold stages in series (2nd and 3rd stage).
I'm sure we have the schematic on slocloneforums. I can dig it if you need.

You have to do some maintenance or mods to it?
Where are you based?
sergio

Post by sergio »

Hi roberto , I'm in Bergamo
I need power supply scheme.
I will have to repair 2 custom audio head and mod it for inside ventilation.
sergio
www.sae-audio.it
roberto

Post by roberto »

I've now seen you have a site and you build Dumble-like amps.

I think the best option for you is to ask directly to a forumer called "Husky" (should be here too) for an official reply.
It can also be a better reference for the customer, even more if he is a tournist.
sergio

Post by sergio »

Thanks Roberto,
I'll see if husky reply this post.

right now ,I am the best reference for the customer, he gave to me full responsability to work on guitar gear.
www.sae-audio.it
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

Husky hasn't been active on this forum since 2015 am afraid. He might still be active on gearpage though. Failing that, speak to Suhr customer support, although they might just ask you to bring the amp in as they give a lifetime warranty.
sergio

Post by sergio »

no problem , I'll track and drawing all the schematic as soon i'll receive the heads.

if the artistic production wanted to contact SHUR directly for a warranty support, they could do it without me.
since they are now on tour in the US.
thanks all
S.
www.sae-audio.it
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

Fair point. I do have a partial schematic for the OD100SE that shows the lead channel, although it's just the lead channel from the CAE 3+SE and doesn't show the power supply so it won't be of much help am afraid. If the amp you get in is a Standard then it'd be great if you could share the details on that please! There aren't many details around for that amp.
sergio

Post by sergio »

Littlewyan wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:09 pm If the amp you get in is a Standard then it'd be great if you could share the details on that please! There aren't many details around for that amp.
OK
www.sae-audio.it
roberto

Post by roberto »

I copy here some comments written by bnouille (Bruno Durand IIRC):
OD100 SE+ is just basically the same as the 3+ .Same clean and lead channel .The so called "crunch" channel is just the lead channel with one R value lowered for less gain somewhere ( can't remember which one cause it's been a long time since I worked on these , between second and third stage probably ) . It's always a 4 stages + CF all the time
in the same way the Classic's or ML models drive channels are just the same crunch channel ( 3 stages + CF there all the time) with a couple opto alternating two resistors values) .They also have way less filtering in the power section
Original OD and SE have a ton of filtering .It starts with 4 x 270µ in series/Parallel
Original OD 100 drive channel is different .No cold values on cathodes .it's very thick with a 100n first coupling and 1µ /2,2K on the first and second stage stage + .001 caps on second and third stages instead of two 470pf ..first stage being followed with 470k/1M and not .001/1M like the 3+ . Also 470k instead of 220k after third stage
PT 100 (original ) is a bit of a mix of all of those though there are actually 2 or 3 different versions . The PT100 SE is different with a drive channel mostly like the OD100 SE+
New PT15 is very similar on the drive channels as the original PT from 15 years ago and its clean channel is a bit of a mix of Fender layout with some Marshall values on tone stack . Not a fan at all
There was no "major" changes between 3+ and SE . Lead changed on second cathode from 15k to 10k and a serie resistor changed from 470k to 220k .. One serial resistor added on the crunch channel and both tone stack did go from 39k/470pf to 33k/220f . Interestingly Lukather still used the non SE crunch channel with SE lead channel . There was also a slight change in the EQ to make it flatter with pots on noon . So nothing I can see as a major
It never changed after 1993 except for things that have nothing to do with the Circuit itself (pots brand etc)
Some photos in attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sergio

Post by sergio »

HI Roberto , thanks.
TO3 transistor I think is in place to limit current?
www.sae-audio.it