Bogner Shiva - gain stages in the clean channel

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pjd3

Bogner Shiva - gain stages in the clean channel

Post by pjd3 »

Hello,

Breadboarding the Clean channel of Bogner Shiva right now BUT, with the staunch lack of info/diagrams/schematics/etc... on this amp, I only have what are drawings from what folks believe is the clean channel on this amp. Of the 5 or so diagrams I have come up with there is enough crossover or intersection on the circuit to commence but, there are disparities such as one schematic having an extra gain stage than the others.

It hasn't been generally accepted that one or the others are the "real" circuit or not but, I was hoping someone with an insight into the lineage of this amp would know if the various incarnation of Shiva's did have one more or one less gain stage than the other. (or any other circuit variation that is worth regard).

In the end I will likely be inclined to hear out 2 or 3 versions that I've found and see for myself what I like better for my application but it would be nice to be able to match the circuit config to the various youtube vids I've heard showing the Shiva model.

Thanks, any insight would just be great!
Best,
Phil D
I’m only one person (most of the time)