D-Lab

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

schenkelini

D-Lab

Post by schenkelini »

I recently signed up for a D-Lab Patreon account. I have been a fan of Terry for years. He has recently posted some builds using his own circuit boards that are just great! He has a Vox AC4 build using a new board that I can't wait to get my hands on. He also did a 5F1 build using his power supply board and the rest point to point. It looks so clean. Rumor has it that he is working on a 5C1 build with tremolo using one of his boards.
I am in the middle of a push pull build on his AB board where I am substituting a Russian 6N2P for the 12AX7 and a pair of 6P1P's for the 6AQ5's. Since transformers have gotten so expensive I am going to give an Antec Toroid a try. For my cabinet I am using a couple of wood wine crates that I bought at Total Wine for $5 each. I grafted together. I plan to brace the heck out of the box so it is road worthy. The plan is to use two 10 inch speakers. Part of my goal is to make this at a low cost. I want to try the GAMMA True Blue TB10G speakers. I have read some good things and they are extremely affordable. The problem is that no one has them in stock, they are on backorder. This is probably going to take me a couple of months so hopefully the speakers will be in stock once I need them.