Bogner Goldfinger 45 low volume

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

letschaochao

Bogner Goldfinger 45 low volume

Post by letschaochao »

Hey All,
I have a Bogner Goldfinger 45 head and the volume is too low when I use it recently.I tried connecting the preamp and poweramp to another head and found that both were fine.
Then I checked the heater voltage, power tube cathode resistance, etc. and it was also good。
But ,When I leave the standby switch on and turn the power switch off , the volume returns to normal for a few seconds.
Any advice from those who've encountered similar problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reeltarded

Re: Bogner Goldfinger 45 low volume

Post by Reeltarded »

First thing is to clean and test the jacks on the loop. It is often that simple.

If the pre and the power work perfectly when separated, look at the point of marriage.

:)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

letschaochao wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:23 pm Hey All

Thanks!
Heya, and *ping*.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

letschaochao wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:23 pm I have a Bogner Goldfinger 45 head and the volume is too low when I use it recently.I tried connecting the preamp and poweramp to another head and found that both were fine.
Connect a cable between the preamp out and the power amp in.
letschaochao

Post by letschaochao »

After cleaning, I found that the sound became normal after turn off the loop.There may be a problem with the relay itself, or the relay supply voltage is insufficient.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Are there any effects in the loop? Do what sluckey said. If it works with the wire bridging the I/O it is not an intermitant relay.
letschaochao

Post by letschaochao »

Reeltarded wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:49 am Are there any effects in the loop? Do what sluckey said. If it works with the wire bridging the I/O it is not an intermitant relay.
The relay seems to be working fine.I read the manual and found that the loop has an V4 12at7 tube involved in its work.Checked 12At7, the third pin anode 100K resistor failed, replace it with a new one.
Then I tested it after powering on, and found that after the loop was turned on, the volume was normal in parallel mode, but there was no FX effect, and there was no sound at all in series mode.There must be other damaged components in the loop circuit.