Signal bleed at master volume 0

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

bepone

Re: Signal bleed at master volume 0

Post by bepone »

relay OFF contact should be grounded so this resistor will not act like antenna in the air
bepone

Post by bepone »

psychepool wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:37 am 3. Most amplifiers connect the master volume out directly to the next stage (FX loop or PI input), but amplifier circuits with a series resistance connection structure like this are also often found.
Do all amplifiers that adopt this structure have signal bleeding problems? Or is it normal for there to be no signal bleeding even if a structure like this is chosen?
Please reply.
series 100k at the input of PI is helping with blocking distortion PI/Output stage so it is ok to keep it, but in multichannel amp, maybe i will put only one at the PI input after the selection is made, and selectors direct to the MV.s
Last edited by bepone on Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psychepool

Post by psychepool »

sluckey wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:12 am If only one channel select relay will be energized at any time you don't need those resistors so just remove them.
Thank you for answer.
Since I'm tired of messing around with the board and wires multiple times, I'm going to remove the resistor and proceed if no problems arise.
psychepool

Post by psychepool »

bepone wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:17 pm relay OFF contact should be grounded so this resistor will not act like antenna in the air
I think this configuration will require 4 additional relays. In many ways, omitting the resistor seems like a wise choice. thank you